[SOON] Young Widows // Easy Pain

Derek™

I can't be the only one who's down with Young Widows.  McPherson -- back me up on this one.

The grungy, experimental, stoner-punk In and Out of Youth and Lightness really put this band on the map for me in 2011.  Temporary Residence Limited handled the press of the album, and it turned out beautifully.  I can only imagine they'll be in charge of pressing Easy Pain, though I could be wrong.

Anyway.  The album is just a few months out, and drops on May 13th.  I foresee pre-orders going live sooner than later.  The first single they've released is pretty damn solid.  Anyone else looking forward to this one?

Whoops.  Didn't see the previous thread.  My bad.  This can be closed if need be, but if it stays open you can count on me to update it with info, pressing information, pre-order links, etc.

How do you guys feel about Kerosene Girl?  I'm sticking to my "only 1 listen before the album" rule, for it... but that one listen was exceptionally good.  It sounds like a really natural progression from their sound on Youth & Lightness.  The hints I've been reading from those who've heard the new album are saying that it's the band's most primal sound yet.

I watched the St. Vitus performance of Easy Pain in its entirety and I can say I remember hearing things that I'm really excited to hear on the record. I'm not being as crazy about avoiding any of the record before I get it as I usually am with other bands/records. I'm still anticipating this album like crazy.

I was tempted to check that out... but I'm all about those ritualistic listens with either the vinyl or a top-notch set of headphones.  I know you're courteous enough to not post too many spoilers, but just in case... I beg you to be super cryptic about anything you'd like to share, haha.

The only thing I can think to say is that from the performance if feels like Easy Pain will be some sort of middle ground between IAOOYAL and Old Wounds but that's not to say that you will get that impression at all.

I saw these guys with Russian Circles right around the time Old Wounds came out. I really dug their set and bought a copy of Old Wounds, but I haven't checked out any of their other releases. I'll have to put this on my radar. Thanks for the heads up, Derek.

I do enjoy some Old Wounds, for sure... but their 2011 album that followed it (In and Out of Youth and Lightness) really puts them in a whole new league for me.  Can't recommend it enough.

Old Wounds will most likely always be my favorite album of theirs, but I think In and Out is a fantastic album as well.  It's a very haunting album.

This is one of my most anticipated releases for the year, seems like it's been WAY too long since we've had new material from these guys.  I really dig that they're keeping with the variations of the face (or skull) for each release.