NCAA March Madness 2014 (Official Thread)

I take a little exception with the use of the word "poaching"

Boeheim's opinion is irrelevant simply because conference reallignment was done specifically for football, not basketball.

You're right, and IMO that's the problem  It's not like football and basketball are mutually exclusive.  The choice to leave a conference has repercussions on all sporting programs.  For Syracuse to dismiss the opinion of their basketball program - the only reason they're nationally relevant - it's crazy. With that said, I get it, FBS money dictates college sports, but I'm not happy about it, because I don't care about college football.  So my opinion is obviously skewed.  

Arguably the greatest rivalry in college basketball history has been lost with 'Cuse and Georgetown. I hope both the ACC and 'Cuse/Pitt collapse in this tournament, because I'm a fan of Big East basketball.  Just like how I hope the Patriots will suck each year as a Jets fan - unfortunately that never happens.

NCAA is rich beyond rich. This is pure crap. Listen to SDSU Coach Steve Fisher complain about the NCAA and stick up for UNM Basketball Team.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTw27kqp-EQ#t=230

From Deadspin.com

"Before his team faced off against New Mexico State at 8:03 local time last night, San Diego State head coach Steve Fisher was told by the NCAA that the losing team would need to leave Spokane, Wash., and head home immediately after the game. By Fisher's calculations, that would have put his team at the airport at 1:00 a.m., had they lost, with a four-and-a-half hour flight ahead of them. Understandably, Fisher was not happy about this arrangement.

This may seem like a small thing to raise such a stink about, but it's a nice reminder that along with all of the macro-level ways in which the NCAA screws over student-athletes, there is plenty of small-scale bullshit thrown their way, too."

Well, I should have clarified - Oregon is in my bracket. I didn't have the stones to take them with money. They were my only upset pick of the day.

I'm up huge today and have been dripping money on to the Villanova game. Let's say I can't be unhappy at the end of the night but if Nova covers I will be very very very happy. Ha ha. 

Ennis blew that game. He kept them in it but when it really mattered with the game on the line he made poor choices. Cuse as a whole had tons of opportunity to pull away in that game and failed. Has to go down as a very disappointing season for a team with a lot of talent.