PO: Hit The Lights - Summer Bones (Pure Noise Records)

Band is pandering to their earlier audience that didn't like Invicta, which was obviously a more mature sound. Between the old album tours and stuff, they've simply given up on their artistic vision in order to make "fans" happy.

https://twitter.com/HTLband/status/556353140078182400

I thought you'd enjoy that. I don't disagree with you, by the way. I just enjoy the music bands I like write. Even if it's semi-forced.

You see, this sort of puts it in a weird light to me. The fact that they're now like 30 years old wanting to go back to make music like that after pushing themselves a bit? Something's just feels off about that to me.

You see, this sort of puts it in a weird light to me. The fact that they're now like 30 years old wanting to go back to make music like that after pushing themselves a bit? Something's just feels off about that to me.

I definitely hear you there. To me, I feel these dudes love to make music and know that if they want to get paid to do what they love, that way they'd have more time to do it, they better make music people want to buy. Either way, #InPureNoiseITrust.

I dig it... I'm glad these guys are back. I must say though.... does anybody else find it a little off guys their age are singing lyrics like this? I mean these guys are upper 20s/lower 30s

This is exactly what I thought when I saw the title of the video. Omar checked his e-mail in his underwear at my house back in 2004 when they were nobodies. 

Speaking of which, is Colin in the band again? Those vocals don't sound like Nick? (I think that's who took over?)

edit: I googled them. I guess not. I guess Nick just sounds a lot like Colin did. I lost track after the Fights album.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...