PO Soon: CHON's debut LP - Grow

• 2 months later...

Just got this email:

Good Day,

We were informed late last week from the label which in turn found out from the manufacturer that due to extreme backlog in production of vinyl, we would not be receiving the CHON 'Grow' vinyl as previously stated. We planned to receive and ship all orders as previously advertised by May 31st. Once we found out there would be a delay, we pushed for more information so that we could accurately pass that information on to you. We have unfortunately just found out that delay is a little more significant than the manufacturer led on. We will now be receiving the CHON 'Grow' vinyl the first week of July.

This displeases us as much as it does you. If you collect vinyl you know this kind of thing has been very common the last few years, but our production schedule has never really been effected like this. Your order is still valid and will ship out when they arrive. We also plan to send a significant discount card with it for you to use on future purchases and a bonus album from Sumerian Records. 

If you would like to ask any either questions do not hesitate to call or write us. Thanks for your understanding and supporting great music.

I honestly don't feel for Sumerian. That is such bullshit. They push the vinyl 2 months ahead of all of their releases, knowing they are awful with anything related to vinyl, and they still can't deliver on time. This honestly doesn't surprise me, but I'm still pretty pissed.

EDIT: Just now read the whole thing and realized it was from CHON, and that is a great thing they are doing for their fans with the extras that are coming with it. Never seen a band do that, pretty awesome dudes.

• 1 month later...

Bonus album was a digital download for Circa Survive- Descensus. And the discount was 10% off Killer Merch.

Has anyone else received their "fruit swirl" copy? I've only seen people post green variants (and very few posts in general).

I saw one on instagram searching a chon hash tag .It looks so cool. ben_formanek was the user (sorry too much effort to post the pic on my phone haha)

Found a pic of it on Twitter. Did not come out the way I was expecting it to.

CJDQImrUcAAXx_u.jpg

Yeah, I posted that on Instagram the day it showed up.

it's really strange to me that no one else has gotten one of these yet; especially considering I'm in Wisconsin and these came from L.A.

A friend of mine who preordered this literally within minutes of when I did lives just a few miles away from me hasn't received a shipping confirmation yet either.