things to do in LA

going to LA for 4 days in April and were looking for cool things to do there. Bars, restaurants, attractions. preferably around Venice, Santa Monica & west Hollywood. you can skip Universal but anything else is good-

this is to decide where we will rent a place there so suggestions of nice neighborhood are welcome too.

Hollywood/LA: Amoeba, Roscoe's chicken & waffles, Grauman's Chinese Theater for the touristy stuff. Take the subway from Hollywood and Highland to Union, then take the tram to Chinatown and hang out, or hit up Ulvera Street a few blocks away from Union Station,

Hit up the Watts Towers, or drive to the Getty on the way to Santa Monica. Venice is nice. there's a place called Mao's Kitchen there that's pretty damn good. You can hit up Amoeba, Roscoe's, Hollywood and Highland Mall, Grauman's all within walking distance. Just hit up those places during the day unless you're driving. There's also the La Brea tar pits in downtown La right near LACMA. Lacma's architecture is fuckin' awesome. The Getty is amazing. You need to hit up both of those places. That's all i can think of right now.

Whatever you do, do not eat at GRECOS pizza across from hollywood and highland. Place is crapppy. i'd rather eat TOTINOS or RED BArON pizza any day.

Hit up the Griddle

the pancake place?

yeah the Pantry is so good. i always go there for lunch when i go at the E3, its the best place to eat around the convention center.

we really have no idea what to do up there. I only went for few corporate after-party held in fancy-ish clubs or martini bars where i wouldn't fit in any other situation. i don't know any bars, we mostly like pubs and such. we already know were going to go at a comedy club.. just because there aren't much around here and we enjoy that.

Hollywood/LA: Amoeba, Roscoe's chicken & waffles, Grauman's Chinese Theater for the touristy stuff. Take the subway from Hollywood and Highland to Union, then take the tram to Chinatown and hang out, or hit up Ulvera Street a few blocks away from Union Station,

Hit up the Watts Towers, or drive to the Getty on the way to Santa Monica. Venice is nice. there's a place called Mao's Kitchen there that's pretty damn good. You can hit up Amoeba, Roscoe's, Hollywood and Highland Mall, Grauman's all within walking distance. Just hit up those places during the day unless you're driving. There's also the La Brea tar pits in downtown La right near LACMA. Lacma's architecture is fuckin' awesome. The Getty is amazing. You need to hit up both of those places. That's all i can think of right now.

Whatever you do, do not eat at GRECOS pizza across from hollywood and highland. Place is crapppy. i'd rather eat TOTINOS or RED BArON pizza any day.

the tar pits? is it really interesting? i thought it was kind of a joke..

amoeba.. hehe yeah i dont think i want to start spending on records while im there. but still.. i never went there i saw the "whats in your bag" videos and people keep talking about it but can i really find something ebay rare there?

the tar pits? is it really interesting? i thought it was kind of a joke..

amoeba.. hehe yeah i dont think i want to start spending on records while im there. but still.. i never went there i saw the "whats in your bag" videos and people keep talking about it but can i really find something ebay rare there?

no, not really, but it's cool to look at for a few minutes before you walk on over to LACMA museum. But please, i think cesar and julio can agree, GO TO THE GETTY!!!! have a picnic on the grass, or see the art. It's a beautiful work of art in itself.

I'm not saying anything else about Amoeba.. you just need to go. Its near ROSCOES too so you can get some Chicken n Waffles. I think one of the Roscoe's is off of Sunset and Gower, and Amoeba is just a few short blocks away.

Go to the Observatory, it's free and you get a great view of the city. Try to go when the sun is setting, great transition from seeing the sun go down to seeing all the city lights. It's a great tourist attraction. Also, if you want to go on a cool hike, hike up Runyon Canyon. Great work out and you can go to Amoeba right after. Lol. Also, there is the Grammy Museum that's pretty cool.

totally forgot about the OBSErVATORY. doh!!!

El Numero Uno off VINE and FOUNAIN is pretty good. We always had Pupusas and drinks there at least twice, and for cheap as fuck too. i think 2 people could eat under $12 with tip.

Are you from El Salvador too or do you just like Pupusas? I think the last time I bumped into a fellow Salvadoran on this board, I was tripping out. 2 of you on here would be outrageous though. Lol.

totally forgot about the OBSErVATORY. doh!!!

El Numero Uno off VINE and FOUNAIN is pretty good. We always had Pupusas and drinks there at least twice a week, and for cheap as fuck too. i think 2 people could eat under $12 with tip.

Are you from El Salvador too or do you just like Pupusas? I think the last time I bumped into a fellow Salvadoran on this board, I was tripping out. 2 of you on here would be outrageous though. Lol.

not from El Salvador, just latino but i do like salvadorian food. does that make me honorary? :P When i visit LA I'm visiting one of your asses and someone's mom is making me dinner. or at least showing me how to make them from scratch. i'm sure it's not hard.. right?

Great bar- TIKI TI. Tiny bar with lots of character and good people. Order a Ray's Mistake and you will be drunk and happy.

@controlthebleeding- I actually used to like Greco's. Those big greasy slices were always good after a night of boozing. I haven't been there in 20 years, so I can't say what it's like now.

There is great Ethiopian Food in LA. Also really good Mexican - El Cholo's (I like it and they have an autographed photo of the girl who played Kimmy Gibbler on the wall so it's kind of a historic location)

If you need something outdoorsy - the hills out in Calabasas or Malibu are amazing and only 20 minutes to drive. Incredible drive and great spots to hike. You can find a variance of about 20 degrees in 10 minutes, the terrain is really unique.

Just a could ideas.

There is great Ethiopian Food in LA. Also really good Mexican - El Cholo's (I like it and they have an autographed photo of the girl who played Kimmy Gibbler on the wall so it's kind of a historic location)

If you need something outdoorsy - the hills out in Calabasas or Malibu are amazing and only 20 minutes to drive. Incredible drive and great spots to hike. You can find a variance of about 20 degrees in 10 minutes, the terrain is really unique.

Just a could ideas.

Whooaaa. kimmy gibler.. haha. awesome!!! have you seen her or blossom's neighbor six lately. HOLY SHIT!!!