PO NOW! Manchester Orchestra "Cope" and Headlining Tour with B&C, Kevin Devine

RadDonut

Also, was anyone else disappointed by Balance and Composure? I love their two albums, but I thought they didn't put on a great show.

I think the setlist was weaker than it was for the Coheed tour where there was a better balance of songs from each album. 

I've seen them three times and they've always been an opening band. I would like to see them headlining. 

Also, was anyone else disappointed by Balance and Composure? I love their two albums, but I thought they didn't put on a great show.

I loved them in Boston. I thought Jon was spot on, for the most part. And the energy, while not great, was better than I expected. Maybe I enjoyed it more because I had heard bad things and my expectations were low.

Went to the show in Philly last weekend and left about half way though MO's set. The crowd went nuts (Seriously, who the fuck slam dances at a Manchester Orchestra show?) and my girlfriend got her neck hurt from someone jumping into the back of her. I didn't grab any merch since I was on a budget last week but the show was good from what I seen.

Went to the show in Philly last weekend and left about half way though MO's set. The crowd went nuts (Seriously, who the fuck slam dances at a Manchester Orchestra show?) and my girlfriend got her neck hurt from someone jumping into the back of her. I didn't grab any merch since I was on a budget last week but the show was good from what I seen.

Sorry for dancing. :(

Saw this in Charlotte last night. I arrived right after Kevin Devine started playing and only saw Simple Math and Cope on the merch table. Can't say if they had any earlier.

Kevin Devine was fun to watch. I've listened to his stuff a little but need to check out more. Love Bad Books so I imagine I can get into him a little.

I agree with everyone that Balance and Composure's set was somewhat boring. I've seen them play before and the setlist was much better previously. Seems they played every slower song they had besides 1 or 2. Sounded good and I enjoy the albums enough but wasn't upset when they were finished. Seemed to just be plodding along after a while, no variety in sound or intensity for the majority.

Manchester killed it. A surprisingly small number of new songs considering Cope was just released, but I loved the variety as I'm a fan of every album. 2nd time seeing them and it was even better than the first. Never fail to sound amazing and put on a great show. 

I agree with everyone that Balance and Composure's set was somewhat boring. I've seen them play before and the setlist was much better previously. Seems they played every slower song they had besides 1 or 2.

It was my 4th time seeing them in NYC and probably their worst live performance I've seen yet (which is saying something bc they never perform live that well). It is best when they play uptempo songs in small energetic venues when it is more about kinda going crazy and you don't care too much about Jon's lack of voice when he performs (dude may want to cut out the smoking bc he loses his voice way too easily).

They are unlucky on this tour because they are the middle set and don't have much time to sound check in between sets, so even the levels of the instruments weren't in sync that well which is unfortunate because they are playing at bigger better venues this time around. So, when considering the bands they are touring with and Jon's lacking of voice is why I'd say they went with a slower boring set list. And in my opinion, if that's what they're gonna do, they should consider playing the song "you can't fix me" bc it's one of their better mellow songs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Was about to make another thread, but decided not to.

http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=3704508

So this is what they've been up to. HOPE , a stripped down, alternate version of their latest full-length COPE.

"Right Away, Great Captain! style, with a little more production."