Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) | Have you signed up?

Just curious as to who has signed up.

It was a bitch to finally make it through the entire process (tried in December, then January, then February). 

We had some issues with the application due to my wife just having a baby and some government assistance and yadda yadda. Anyway, in February, I was able to re-apply over the phone and got a $130/month tax credit. But after using the calculator on Healthcare.gov, that seemed low. So I re-applied AGAIN on Sunday and I have a $400ish/month tax credit. I get bad-ass insurance (max $2800/yr out of pocket) now! 

I seriously want to break so many bones just because I can. 

Anyone else have some sweet credit from the site?

The only thing better than money is FREE money.

I am signed up with Apple in Washington State. Great coverage. Supported in the beginning and still support. All physical's, blood work, preventative care is covered plus flu shots and dental (which includes x-rays, fillings, and cleanings). 

It's wonderful that people that have no money can now go to the doctor. I hear a lot of middle class people complaining that others now have a chance to go to the doctor. WAH WAH WAH

Eventually got through the site, but ended up saying fuck it, and pay the penalty. Affordable health care my ass. My cheapest policy had a premium of over $150, and the deductible was $6500. I haven't been to the doctor in years, and am in good health. I'm willing to take the chance that something serious doesn't happen, than have to try and pay for something I can't afford at the moment. My girlfriend and I are barely getting by as it is. If I was older, and wasn't as healthy if probably sign up. But I don't see the point when I won't get any benefit out of it. I'll just pay out of pocket if I absolutely have to go.

Wasn't this bill supposed to help younger people like me get cheap health care? Not to mention I have heard a few people here get denied because of the coverage they got through the website. I'll pay the penalty this year, and then maybe sign up when the re-enrollment period opens up at the end of the year again.

I talked with my cousin about this today while we were snowboarding.  I told him it's not gonna be any different than my car insurance, who I've shelled out endless amounts of cash to for...16 years, and never once have I used it.  Never made a claim, never used it to pay for someone else, it's just a giant black vacuum to my wallet.  And now I'll have two vacuums.  I think every month they should put me on one of those boxes that's full of money and blows everywhere & you grab as much as you can in 30 seconds and what you grab you can keep, put me in there with all the money I made that month & whatever money I grab is mine & the rest goes to politicians & Flow from Progressive.  Which to me will be about 3/4ths of my entire month's earnings but to them, the amount will be the equivalent of throwing a few pennies on the ground on the way out of the convenience store because they rather not clutter their car up with them.

Then I broke my leg going down the hill. 

Just kidding.  But once I have the insurance, whenever that is, I think I'll spend all my free time clogging up the waiting rooms & doctors offices just so I get something out of it. 

The $6,000 - $8,000 deductibles and are just fantastic.  Every one of my friends who work got screwed and are now paying more with a higher deductible.  Nothing is covered until you hit that mark.   My wife does medical billing and the horror stories are just beginning.   Nothing like a free-loader calling up saying "I have obamacare give me an appointment" knowing full well there is no such policy.  The stupid is just starting.  

If I were younger without a family I would take the tax penalty.  The law is not really a law, just a tax that can be changed by executive order.   Just wait until employers wash their hands by dropping HC and giving you a "bonus" to buy obamacare.  

You should notice most people pushing this crap are not buying a obamaTAXcare program but getting Gold Star private policies thru their employers.  If the program was so good how come no Federal, State or Municipal employees are required to purchase policies?   Why has a Billion dollars been wasted on corrupt, dysfunctional state exchanges?  

I'm such an ignoramus when it comes to health care and the like. I get full medical, dental and vision through my work for about $70 taken out of each check (every two weeks) pre-tax. Is that good?

Also, what's this penalty you guys are talking about?

I would say that's pretty fair. I pay about $100 a month and have a $1000 deductable and 90% vision and 100% dental. I could pay more to have to pay nothing, but I'm fine with paying that. I had to go to the emergency room last month. The bill was close to $4k and I only had to pay about $500. That and I got new frames, lens and my exam and it was like $130?

I'm such an ignoramus when it comes to health care and the like. I get full medical, dental and vision through my work for about $70 taken out of each check (every two weeks) pre-tax. Is that good?

Also, what's this penalty you guys are talking about?

YES. I have $55 taken out of my check every two weeks and I only get medical with ridiculous copays.  I have really terrible vision, too, so it's constantly worrying me that I can't get new glasses or have my eyes checked without paying over $1000 for it all.  Luckily I've always had good dental health (never had a cavity!) and I can afford $60 to get my teeth cleaned twice a year.

I don't get any credits thru ACA because 1. I am provided (shitty) insurance thru my employer and 2. I "make too much money."

The penalty is what the government charges you if you decide to go uninsured.  Which isn't totally fair since employers are currently exempt from that penalty while everyone else has to pay it.

But I will say that it's not smart to not have insurance because you're "in good health" for two reasons: Trauma happens to healthy people too (accidents, etc.) and I would think I'm in good health, too, if I were uninsured and never saw doctors.  I have 3 diseases, all of which do not produce a single physical symptom, so I would have just gone on living my life until I dropped dead.  Each of my diagnosis were discovered by routine bloodwork and checkups.  So, there's that.

YES. I have $55 taken out of my check every two weeks and I only get medical with ridiculous copays.  I have really terrible vision, too, so it's constantly worrying me that I can't get new glasses or have my eyes checked without paying over $1000 for it all.

ashton, there's a place here called america's best contacts & eyeglass.

they have a 2 pair for 69.95 deal, if you take that deal, you also get a free exam. They also have mix & match frames for 89 and 99 I believe. I ended up getting two frames plus the lenses for about 230, plus the free exam.

I hadn't gotten new glasses in over 4 years, and you get a 1 year warranty on the frames, which are both really cute.

I wonder if there's any place like that around you, that could work for you?

ashton, there's a place here called america's best contacts & eyeglass.

they have a 2 pair for 69.95 deal, if you take that deal, you also get a free exam. They also have mix & match frames for 89 and 99 I believe. I ended up getting two frames plus the lenses for about 230, plus the free exam.

I hadn't gotten new glasses in over 4 years, and you get a 1 year warranty on the frames, which are both really cute.

I wonder if there's any place like that around you, that could work for you?

We have America's Best here!  I've always been kinda skeptical to go to those places that are inside eyeglass stores - I was told that they purposely up your Rx so you have to buy lenses/frames. =\  Is that true?

I also have stupid eye issues, too.  I have what's called Fishing Mucus Syndrome (which sounds gross) where my allergies make my eyes create excess mucus which makes it feel like I have sand in my eyes when it flares up.  That's why I had to stop wearing contacts after 8 years.  On top of that, I have Lattice which ultimately means that the connection in the back of my eyes have holes in them and I'll eventually go blind.  As a photographer, that's great news.  So would it be safe for me to go to a place like that?  Or am I stuck seeing a proper eye Dr?

literally the most depressing thing i have read all week. :[

I'm sorry.  I don't mean to depress you. :(

The only thing keeping me from being upset about it is that my mom was told years ago that she has the same thing, and she still has her eye sight at 52.  I think if I can go as long as her I'll be content. =\

I'm sorry.  I don't mean to depress you. :(

The only thing keeping me from being upset about it is that my mom was told years ago that she has the same thing, and she still has her eye sight at 52.  I think if I can go as long as her I'll be content. =\

the only even remotely positive thing about losing your eyesight (ok, there is no positive thing, but this is just trying to look on the bright side of a non-bright thing) is that you can get a cool seeing eye dog that will be the envy of all the children.

the only even remotely positive thing about losing your eyesight (ok, there is no positive thing, but this is just trying to look on the bright side of a non-bright thing) is that you can get a cool seeing eye dog that will be the envy of all the children.

Ooooh I didn't even think of that.  Now I just hope that I can see a liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittle bit so I can look at how cute the dog is.

We have America's Best here!  I've always been kinda skeptical to go to those places that are inside eyeglass stores - I was told that they purposely up your Rx so you have to buy lenses/frames. =\  Is that true?

I also have stupid eye issues, too.  I have what's called Fishing Mucus Syndrome (which sounds gross) where my allergies make my eyes create excess mucus which makes it feel like I have sand in my eyes when it flares up.  That's why I had to stop wearing contacts after 8 years.  On top of that, I have Lattice which ultimately means that the connection in the back of my eyes have holes in them and I'll eventually go blind.  As a photographer, that's great news.  So would it be safe for me to go to a place like that?  Or am I stuck seeing a proper eye Dr?

oh man, I’m sorry you have to deal with all that!

i really feel like I lucked out at this place. the doctor there is GREAT. she’s young and nice. (I’ve never heard of the upping the RX, but she’s kept my script the same the last two appts I’ve had) and she’s the one who found all of the tears and holes in my retinas, which later turned worse, I called her in a panic because I was seeing flashes of light, and she stayed an hour after work to check my eyes, then sent me to the ER. I had to get laser surgery on my eyes, because one of my retinas was detaching. so I trust her now and will stay with her.

I still get regular check ups with an ophthalmologist because of the tears/holes in my retinas, which is covered by my insurance... even though I don’t have eye coverage.