Disney/Marvel Soundtrack picture discs LPs - Hot Topic exclusives (updated 1/18/16)

Aw man. I used to watch Goof Troop every morning before school.

Goof Troop, Duck Tales, Tail Spin, Darkwing Duck, Bonkers... classic Disney after school viewing. I loved it. Also, I just recently torrented complete series of GT, DT and TS and have been rewatching them all with my 3 year old. It's great.

Edit: I forgot Chip and Dale's Rescue Rangers. Also recently downloaded and still a great deal of fun to watch. Best theme song too.

Goof Troop, Duck Tales, Tail Spin, Darkwing Duck, Bonkers... classic Disney after school viewing. I loved it. Also, I just recently torrented complete series of GT, DT and TS and have been rewatching them all with my 3 year old. It's great.

Edit: I forgot Chip and Dale's Rescue Rangers. Also recently downloaded and still a great deal of fun to watch. Best theme song too.

And Gargoyles!

Goofy Movie isn't even popular enough to get Blu-ray treatment, let alone vinyl. I'd say there is 0% chance Disney would want or look to press that soundtrack.

I could definitely see Toy Story with the recent buzz around the 4th installment coming in 2017. Big Hero Six has a 7" single that you can get with pre-order bundle, not sure the whole soundtrack would get the vinyl treatment at this point. Monsters Inc and UP would also make a lot of sense, both have GREAT soundtracks that are featured in Disney Parks. Non-Pixar titles, I could see Sleeping Beauty or Maleificent with their recent popularity.

There's a lot more expense and pre-production involved in a Blu-Ray release, especially a pre-digital animation film. I'd personally still love to see one, and I wouldn't count one out. Its 20th anniversary is next year, and Disney has been continuously putting out a slow but steady stream of their smaller feature films on Blu Ray. Not to mention it seems to get more and more popular as it ages, to the point where it almost possesses a Space Jam level of white male 90s kid nostalgia.

These picture discs are dead simple to produce though, from the looks of it they just crop some promotional artwork into two 12" circles and send them to the pressing plant along with a CD copy of the soundtrack. I guarantee there are at least a few thousand people who would buy a Goofy Movie picture disc.

Disney Afternoon vinyl releases would be wonderful - but this is just my wishful thinking :)

I'm not particularly a fan of the Goofy Movie by itself, but I love the soundtrack.

Goofy Movie isn't even popular enough to get Blu-ray treatment, let alone vinyl. I'd say there is 0% chance Disney would want or look to press that soundtrack.

I'm positive it will see a blu-ray release within the next year or two.

Chances are it'll be a two-for-one with Extremely Goofy Movie.

• 2 weeks later...

yeah, i also read this. Stupidly i shouldn't of sat on this as i was going to surprise my brother with a copy for christmas as he's a huge fan, as well as grabbing a copy for myself. ah well!

What a nightmare, just before christmas too. 

whistle.gif

yeah, i also read this. Stupidly i shouldn't of sat on this as i was going to surprise my brother with a copy for christmas as he's a huge fan, as well as grabbing a copy for myself. ah well!

You can still order a copy through Amazon.ca (even though their shipping has went up :( ) Granted, you wouldn't get it before Xmas, but I would imagine the only reason they have it as out of stock, is because they haven't got the updated information about the delay. Still only $CAD 20

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00NLVRXP0?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00

You can still order a copy through Amazon.ca (even though their shipping has went up :( ) Granted, you wouldn't get it before Xmas, but I would imagine the only reason they have it as out of stock, is because they haven't got the updated information about the delay. Still only $CAD 20

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00NLVRXP0?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00

Thanks man, I've ordered it anyway, fingers crossed something else pops up.

Not sure if you guys still have HMV in the UK, but that's where I got mine. They have them for $19.99 Canadian if anyone else is looking for it

We do have HMV over here but I highly doubt they'll have it in the one near me.

Will check it out this weekend though! I really want this before Christmas :(