Matthew Sweet - Girlfriend LP 180gram Reissue

Matthew-Sweet.jpg

The classic third album from Matthew Sweet — 1991′s Girlfriend, featuring the twin guitar attack of Robert Quine and Television’s Richard Lloyd, plus Lloyd Cole on rhythm guitar — will be reissued on 180-gram vinyl sometime this fall by Plain Recordings in what’s being billed as the record’s first time back on 12-inch since its initial release.

Like the original vinyl release, the new reissue will feature 12 songs, not the full 15 that were included on the original CD, which features the sound of a needle lifting off vinyl after “Evangeline” and “Your Sweet Voice,” which was meant to show where the sides would end on the vinyl pressing.

Thanks in large part to the hit anime video for the title track, Girlfriend helped launch the career of alt-rocker Sweet, who had come up in the Athens, Ga, scene in the mid- to late-’80s, releasing a pair of major-label albums that didn’t fare well commercially.

http://www.slicingupeyeballs.com/2014/03/31/matthew-sweet-girlfriend-vinyl-reissue/

Plain is not that bad

I have several releases from them that have no sound issues at all

I dunno - I've been mostly disappointed with their releases. The Spiritualized, Breeders, and Mr Bungle reissues are almost insulting. Pretty happy with the Ween box and the Mazzy Star reissues. Don't get me started on the MBV work.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...