Boris - "Noise"

Credit where credit is due; this album is way better than I expected it to be.  Blows New Album out of the water, in my opinion.  There are only a handful of super cheesy "anime OST" tracks, and they're towards the beginning of the record.  Tracks like Ghost of Romance and Heavy Rain are far more interesting and engaging... for me, anyway.  Angel is a magnificent track that goes through so many awesome movements.  And despite my distaste for Quicksilver, there's no denying that it kicks ass.  It's a little conflicting, with the amount of both cheese and shredding that are packed into those 10 minutes.  But by the time it concludes... damn.  I'm happy.

Anyone know if the Japan / Obi-strip / alternate art version is still available?

Wouldn't mind a repress of Pink

For real.  I've been putting off on buying an overpriced copy in hopes of a repress, but I think I just may sell a few things and go for it.  Album is too good, and one of the only Boris releases I really enjoy, completely.  Anyone know the difference between the translucent pink and the "icy" pink?

Coulda swore I remember people complaining about one of the pink pressings sound quality, but I can't remember which. That's kept me from going in on one for a long time. I wish SL would just do a repress on black. That would be nice. Also, no love for Rainbow? I also forgot there are two Flood based albums. I think I prefer Black: Implication Flooding more, so there's another want for pressing.

Thank you much.  Pricey as hell with very reasonable shipping.  Going to have to think about that one.

[edit]

How the hell has Flood not been pressed?  Label issues?

Not sure sorry. I only got a black one but a PINK version would be welcome.

Don't mind me - just being a dick.

F67dG6F.jpg

Jelly?

US version of Pìnk was repressed by Southern Lord, actually (think it was in red and a variation of pink wax). And since Boris signed with Sargent House, SL kinda moved on. I'ts unlikely at this point that they would turn their attention to the band, as much as there is demand for past releases. 

...So what you're saying is that we have to pester Sargent House?

US version of Pìnk was repressed by Southern Lord, actually (think it was in red and a variation of pink wax). And since Boris signed with Sargent House, SL kinda moved on. I'ts unlikely at this point that they would turn their attention to the band, as much as there is demand for past releases. 

I'm guessing Southern Lord's licenses for those albums are done, so they'd probably have to acquire the rights again if they wanted to do a repress.

Seeing as how Sun Baked Snow Cave is getting a vinyl press by Hydra Head, It doesn't make the notion of a Flood press impossible anymore.  Also all copies of pink are good. I had all the variants at one point. 

I still want to get my hands on the Japanese pressing...one day.

Really digging Noise so far...Boris never cease to amaze me!

I still want to get my hands on the Japanese pressing...one day.

Really digging Noise so far...Boris never cease to amaze me!

Yeah, it's real cool. The box mailer thing they did for the jacket is beautiful. 

Also, really loving Noise so far. Looking forward to seeing them at the end of july and picking up both versions