Boris - "Noise"

Yeah, it's real cool. The box mailer thing they did for the jacket is beautiful.

Is it like the one for Smile with the die-cut action and all?

I wrote both Southern Lord and Sargent House for kicks. I'll post here if I hear anything juicy.

Southern Lord isn't the most reliable label in terms of feeding demand of old stuff represses. Unfortunately.

They know where the all the fuss is but they tend to ignore. I was very surprised with Earth's Hex and Bees represses and that was probably a partnership between the label and the band to make it happen. Perhaps the hard times in economy are forcing them to slowly use their back catalog to fund new endeavours or simply pay their bills (the fact that they opened an exclusive Sunn O))) online store speaks for itself) but they still have to reissue Flight Of Behemoth, f.i, which is the only record they didn't care to repress. They also made the last limited Sunn O))) records (the rehearsals) widely available to their online fanbase, something that you'd have to struggle to get your hands on in the past.

But getting things worked with Boris seems harder due to the fact their not a singed band anymore, I guess.

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Flood was released on Midi Creative. Doesn't that mean you should be emailing them? Southern Lord and Sargent House never released Flood.

Yup. Gotta go to MC direct. Maybe see if they have a licensing arrangement with a label that presses reks?

Almost cancelled my SH order for Noise. Glad I didn't. The record is surprising, in all good ways.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just got back from the show in Milwaukee. Holy hell, was that a thing! Merch duder said they ran out of the "The Thing Which Solomon Overlooked" LP, which kinda sucked. Apparently they're supposed to be getting more for tomorrow's show and the remainders will go on sale on Taiga's site once the tour is over. I was able to snag a copy of the Praparat repress though. It was $45, but I figured I should snag it when I had a chance.

But if you have a chance, see Boris live. It was unlike any other concert I've ever been to.

Could someone help me out with what album to start with? I've seen their name for years, and have friends that like them, but it's becoming strikingly clear that you vc folks are masters with Boris, as I someday may aspire to be. They have 4 pages of releases on discogs. Rate top 3 albums to start with if you may. Thanks.

I keep forgetting that they're playing here on Sunday.  I need to set a reminder or something, they were really good when I saw them three or four years ago.

Unless you really like their Noise album, don't bother. They are not good on this tour. The last good show of theirs I saw was when Michio was still touring with them, unless you get to see a specifically advertised drone show.

Pink (BORIS)

Akuma No Uta (BORIS)

Flood (boris)

Can't agree more.  There's a lot of good stuff in the Boris catalogue, but these would be the three I'd recommend to a new listener.  Maybe give Amplifier Worship an honorable mention too.

I feel like a complete idiot.  I thought the Boris show was tonight, but it turns out it was last night.  I was just bumming around the house watching a movie too.