PO: Trash Talk No Peace Colored LP 5/27/14

Band is on tour with Dillinger Escape Plan and has a new LP coming out.  If this was posted already, my apologies, as I did search several different ways this could be listed.

Limited color LP is $15 + shipping here:  http://www.trashtalkhc.com/collections/frontpage/products/no-peace-lp-limited-color-pre-order

LP INCLUDES STICKER PACK AND MP3 DOWNLOAD

Tracklisting:
Amnesiatic (Prod by Alchemist) 

Jigsaw 

The Hole 

Leech 

Cloudkicker 

Body Stuffer

Nine Lives

Monochrome / F.F.S

The Great Escape

Locked In Skin 

Prometheus 

Just a Taste

Reprieve (Prod by Alchemist)

Still Waiting for the Sun (Bonus Track) 

Stackin' Skins (feat. Wiki & King Krule) (Bonus Track)

No Peace is a promise and a threat. It’s the name of 32 minutes of recorded concussions delivered by Trash Talk on Odd Future Records. It is hardcore punk, it is hardcore hip-hop, it’s a way of telling you to shut the fuck up if you’re try to pigeonhole it.

There’s a certain futility in trying to translate Trash Talk’s assault into adjectives. The only possible response when hearing No Peace is to start a mosh pit or crack someone in the ribs. You should probably seem them live, honestly.

Lee Spielman incites the crowd like a Hun. The guitars and drums blister. The crowd becomes a melee. There will probably be blood. It’s like if Black Flag got pulled under the Timbo’s of M.O.P. If you got sent to the firing squad, middle fingers up, I would recommend that you play this.

No Peace is music for the sake of aggression. Recorded in New York City, this is the closest Trash Talk has come to capturing the chaos on wax. Legendary hip-hop producer Alchemist contributes two filthy beats that Trash Talk drag through the gutter, knuckles up. Drums like brass knuckles. A bonus track features King Krule and Wiki from Rat King spitting rain on soft skulls.

Trash Talk are as mad as anyone, so they snap back. They aren’t trying to tell lucid stories as much as vividly render emotions. It sounds like bone shards swirling in a hurricane.

The lyrics are an attempt to figure things out. Stitch the phrases together and it’s an almost universal indictment: ““I’ve made mistakes.... I’m sick of it... It’s been that way for far too long... thought I’d leave a legacy after me... don’t ever forget this is what you chose... shaved my head, bit my tongue... crack rock... junked up passed out... crashed out on the overpass... traded in a dream now I need a needle to sleep.”

This isn’t some idle fixation for the edge. This captures the squalor and unpleasant scenes that occur outside of the band’s LA warehouse headquarters. Shit is real if you’re paying attention. No Peace will ensure you are. Bang it loud until your eardrums pop. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I received an email a few weeks ago from Trash Talk saying there was a delay. RevHQ has this listed in the upcoming releases section with a shipping date of July 11. Hopefully this means the band will be shipping out their copies soon. I ordered my copy directly from the band.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Has anyone who ordered the "Limited Color Preorder" version not receive this variant? I ordered my copies directly from the band. I ordered one of the limited variant and one black copy. When I got my package on Saturday all that I received was the black copy. Of course I wrote Trash Talk Collective about this issue but I sort of think I won't get a reply back. This sucks.

Has anyone who ordered the "Limited Color Preorder" version not receive this variant? I ordered my copies directly from the band. I ordered one of the limited variant and one black copy. When I got my package on Saturday all that I received was the black copy. Of course I wrote Trash Talk Collective about this issue but I sort of think I won't get a reply back. This sucks.

I just got my tracking info for my package last saturday, I only ordered the colored variant. Although I still haven't seen any activity on my package. So I don't know if its enroute but with no acitivity, or still hasn't even shipped. Ill keep you posted.