Talons: "New Topographics" /400 Black at Topshelf - 20 copies @ $20 each

I want to resist the previews for the time being, but I must say I dig that new album art.  I plan on springing for any sort of limited variant, but I won't be double-dipping on multiple colors if there are any.  I'd also prefer to pay for it tomorrow, for anyone who's interested in a group buy.  I've been meaning to check it off the PO list for a while now, and would like to get it out of the way as soon as I can.  I'll do the math / shipping rates / savings when they launch later tonight (/earlier tomorrow morning) and post in this thread, for anyone who wants in on it.

Depending upon what the total cost is, I'm interested in the group buy too.

Got curious and decided to check out the web-store.  On a single LP - which is what the new Talons release will be, I'm sure - the shipping is $21.  Which will probably be more than the record itself.  The sweet spot is an order of 4 or more, which puts the shipping at a flat rate of $43.  That's just a smidgen over $10 per person.  Really not horrendous when you consider a lot of stateside labels want $6 or $7 for "Media Mail" these days.

The part that is up in the air is the cost of the LP.  Looks like they range from $15 to $22 in the webstore.  So it's going to be somewhere in the threshold of $25 - $32 if you want in, and then another $3 or $4 down the road when it comes time to ship.  I'm willing to manage this one if we keep it between 3-6 more people, outside of myself.  I can save mailers and make it work.

If you're interested, please respond in this thread before this evening is over, and be available to pay by tomorrow morning.  I'll place the order sometime before noon (PST) tomorrow.

Got curious and decided to check out the web-store.  On a single LP - which is what the new Talons release will be, I'm sure - the shipping is $21.  Which will probably be more than the record itself.  The sweet spot is an order of 4 or more, which puts the shipping at a flat rate of $43.  That's just a smidgen over $10 per person.  Really not horrendous when you consider a lot of stateside labels want $6 or $7 for "Media Mail" these days.

The part that is up in the air is the cost of the LP.  Looks like they range from $15 to $22 in the webstore.  So it's going to be somewhere in the threshold of $25 - $32 if you want in, and then another $3 or $4 down the road when it comes time to ship.  I'm willing to manage this one if we keep it between 3-6 more people, outside of myself.  I can save mailers and make it work.

If you're interested, please respond in this thread before this evening is over, and be available to pay by tomorrow morning.  I'll place the order sometime before noon (PST) tomorrow.

Hey, thanks for doing this,Derek! Assuming they do a 100/150/250 like the first, just the /100 for me (hope it's Black again or a Charcoal Marble, just not plain White or Bone, but whatever).  Like Sasan I got a Euro /100 way after release date. PM me your PP addy (I probably still have it but just in case) and total for the whole shebang tomorrow  :) Go Talons.

Has the artwork for this been released yet? It's just the single artwork that we know of, correct?

Edit: Nevermind, found it. Might want to change that OP, Don.

0003586872_500.jpg

1. Monuments

2. Reverie

3. Lunar Gloss

4. The Wild Places

5. Rituals

6. The Dreams Have No Dream

7. Stay Cold

8. Petrovice

Sounds like a plan! You know VC is a market maker - but we don't want to get beat out on these lulz.  Will revise the OP.

Sweet, that sounds good to me.  I'll start a group-convo via PM late (late) tonight, when they go up.  Will give everyone a quick rundown of the variants if there are any, total costs, etc.  As long as everyone specifies the variant they want and posts their address in said group-PM, we should be golden.  I'll also include my Paypal in there somewhere.

If anyone needs convincing, just listen to that first song again. Even if it ends up being the best song on the album, it's THAT good.

And if Hallow Realm is any indicator to the songwriting this time around, I think they'll be cramming in more bad-ass riffs, tapping segments, builds, and climaxes than we'll know what to do with.

To those interested in a group buy:

The total cost of just the LP comes out to $34 + $3 Media Mail.  That's $24, and then $10 (and change) when you break down the shipping price between four people.  The additional $3 covers shipping costs at a later date, once I receive the records.  If you don't trust me or would prefer tracking on your Media Mail for whatever reason, you can up to that to $4.  I'm just trying to keep the costs down as much as possible.

If you're ordering the LP (black, /400) for just yourself... you're looking at $45 PPD.  Haggard.  And if you're interested in the bundle for just yourself, that's $67 PPD.  An extra $22 for a limited (and awesome?) variant, horrible t-shirt, CD, and postcards.  Completely your call.  I know Topshelf said that they would be receiving the standard black, /400.  They'll probably want less than $20 PPD when that's all said and done.  I think that may be the most practical route.  I'll inquire to see how many copies they may be getting, and what the price may be.  Who knows? - maybe there will be a change of plans and they'll have an exclusive US variant.  A guy can dream.

Let me know what you guys want to do, if anything.  And while you think it over, check out this new track.

Man that splatter is nice. But I'm passing at that price. Looks like I'll just wait for Topshelf to get it.

Probably what I'm going to do as well.  Doesn't help that the new song pales in comparison to the first one they released... but maybe that's just me listening to it while being tired and deterred by the price on this thing.  I e-mail Topshelf with pretty much everything you'd want to know about them carrying this.  I'll bump the thread once they get back to me.