I have the worst heart burn right now

I get heartburn daily and I used to have really bad attacks late at night until I got my gallbladder removed a few months ago. Turns out my gallbladder was filled with infection and gallstones which had caused it to swell to the size of a potato (a healthy gallbladder is about the size of your thumb). I feel a lot better without that wrecking my nights.  I still get heartburn daily unless I take Omeprazole. 

I did that Googling since I was curious:

Your mother or grandmother might have recommended this remedy, but they weren’t privy to the latest scientific findings. Doctors do not recommend drinking milk to reduce heartburn, as it has been proven that milk temporarily reduces the symptoms only to later increase acid production by the stomach, which causes more heartburn.

From Prilosic website so could be bunk. Maybe the just don't want the competition!

What does the surgery entail?

They basically move my stomach around the lower part of the esophagus, depending on the damage they'll sew it in place or move it back into position, at least that's how I understand it, I also have some nodule things in my stomach that have to be removed before they become cancerous, it sucks, I really hate being put under. 

I've had acid reflux since for the past 15 years. It became really bad in my first year of high school. My parents were divorcing, I started having my first "real" relationship and I was in a new school/new town, so there were a lot of changes and stress in my life. I didn't eat much and when I did eat it was always junk food like chocolate bars, ice cream, etc.. I lost a ton of weight and threw up daily. Fast forward to now. I've been on Dexilant for five months now and my body is still fucked up. Someday's my heart burn is better than others, but I've had to cut a lot of things out of my diet such as Hot  Sauce, Salsa, Butter Chicken, etc.. I'm supposed to cut beer and coffee out of my diet as well, but I can't function without them. 

ps. I was drinking a cup of coffee while I typed this up