PO: Craft Spells-Nausea (Special Box Ed. /500)

Boxsets were pushed back. Who knows when they'll be ready. Can't say I'm surprised. Kind of miss the screen print era of captured tracks limited releases.

Yea of all things this time, they're waiting on the "tapes" don't know which tapes... come on Captured Tracks! 

Boxsets were pushed back. Who knows when they'll be ready. Can't say I'm surprised. Kind of miss the screen print era of captured tracks limited releases.

I agree, I like screen printed covers, they look nice and add a worth while addition to a release (more cover art). A box is often cumbersome and not always attractive (usually with no title printed on the side) making it a blank spot on the shelf! Hate that! 

Boxes should only be reserved for things with more than 3LPs, or have a large book, or odd shaped additional goodies. Not for just a deluxe version. (i.e. the Mac Demarco BOX was totally unnecessary, they could of put that in a nice gatefold, with screen print outer and then placed the the mirror and magnet in-between!)

I agree, I like screen printed covers, they look nice and add a worth while addition to a release (more cover art). A box is often cumbersome and not always attractive (usually with no title printed on the side) making it a blank spot on the shelf! Hate that! 

Boxes should only be reserved for things with more than 3LPs, or have a large book, or odd shaped additional goodies. Not for just a deluxe version. (i.e. the Mac Demarco BOX was totally unnecessary, they could of put that in a nice gatefold, with screen print outer and then placed the the mirror and magnet in-between!)

I agree!

In other news, the cassettes came in today and have begun shipping them

Totally worth the wait! Going to spin this tonight! I believe it was mailed out on Friday but reached my place on Monday! I have no clue must've caught a plane that landed straight into LA then to SD later that day fastest media mail shipping I've ever had from New York.

Some notes, the clear wax actually sort of has a green hue to it kind of like it was pressed after left over coke bottle wax was pressed or something.

Pretty stoked to play the demo cassettes first!

Like the fact that the box spine actually reads the artists name etc. I agree though back to screen prints Captured Tracks! I know I'm not going to house the cassettes inside the box because I've got a little cassette stash I like to reach for... Might work out for anyone who separates their collection by record labels though!

qWWHLI7.jpg?1

OBluxWK.jpg

Any idea how the tapes sound? The Perfect Pussy ones were super quiet and unlistenable.

So were the Blouse tapes (both the Debut and new one) 1 was unlistenable (sounded like it was being played through a drain pipe miles away) and the other I had to triple the volume on my receiver (at that point too much static.white noise) I was going to complain to CT but i bought it direct from that band and wanted to support them...

But this is unacceptable! Hope these are OK! The mac double feature Tape sounds normal however! 

Any idea how the tapes sound? The Perfect Pussy ones were super quiet and unlistenable.

I have a quiet tape and these are def not quiet! I like the demo cassette it's unevenly mastered of course and the treble seems high on the mix time to time but damn I love the Nausea rendition with the cheap drum machine.

Got mine finally! I must say the demos are fantastic! Makes it worth it just for those! I hope CT keeps putting those in deluxe Ed. Either vinyl CS, CD or even download because I am finding I love the demos more than the album itself!

The box however just seems a little big/waste of space for such a small amount of product!

So were the Blouse tapes (both the Debut and new one) 1 was unlistenable (sounded like it was being played through a drain pipe miles away) and the other I had to triple the volume on my receiver (at that point too much static.white noise) I was going to complain to CT but i bought it direct from that band and wanted to support them...

But this is unacceptable! Hope these are OK! The mac double feature Tape sounds normal however! 

There were Blouse tapes? Can you give me any info?