American Nightmare THREADDDDDD

Terribly overrated and Cold Cave is the worst thing i've ever heard. On an unrelated note, i have a copy of Background Music i'm looking to sell on the cheap.

The Boston punk and Hardcore scenes have always been fractured, this band ripped them apart. I don't blame the band themselves I just blame the shit load of kids who got into them and then proclaimed themselves scene gods. So many awesome bands were putting stuff out at the same time and have been ignored because of the majority of this bands fanbase seemed to rule the internet/ scene in general. Sucked.

The Boston punk and Hardcore scenes have always been fractured, this band ripped them apart. I don't blame the band themselves I just blame the shit load of kids who got into them and then proclaimed themselves scene gods. So many awesome bands were putting stuff out at the same time and have been ignored because of the majority of this bands fanbase seemed to rule the internet/ scene in general. Sucked.

from 2000-early 2002 i would always travel to their shows. I feel they just played so many shows man, Way more than anyone else. Like Panic / Suicide File / Sex Positions / The Trouble / Some Kind Of Hate all made amazing music but they just never seemed to venture outside of the MA/RI area which i think really hurt. 

AN was horrible live too. I don't think I got into any of the side/post bands, oh well.

Hell no.  They were amazing live.

I see your point about how AN brought so many different kinds of people into the scene, and this band may have been the favorite band of a lot of annoying people on the internet.  But don't take that out on the band.  I'm not saying there were no other good bands around at the time, but this WAS one of the only post-youth crew, loud, fast hardcore bands with lyrics that were different than most other hardcore bands at the time.  Definitely a lot of hype, but 10-12 years ago it was deserved for these guys.  Now? Not so much. But that's not easy to do for a band with a handful of songs that all sound the same.

And please don't compare them to Cold Cave lol.