PO: Cartel- Chroma via ETR ON SALE TODAY at 4:24pm Est

I remember hanging out with Cartel in Jacksonville over at Jack Rabbits before the Epic reissue came out. I believe Permanent Me and The Summer Obsession were also on the bill. It was the last night of tour and it was a great time.

That being said I'm excited for Cartel's press And also ETR's. It'll be nice to have two versions.

Quote:

You know whats really stupid? A band giving PERMISSION and their blessing for a label to do something.

Then the label spends THOUSANDS of dollars setting it up and pressing it, etc.

Then the band stirs shit, acting as if they didnt give the OK, and then not understanding why Ross/ETR couldn't just bail out on the project without losing thousands of dollars.

THEN THEY ASK FOR SOME FREE COPIES. Really? ETR's release isn't cool but you want some free copies?

Look, anyone with any business background, or just plain common sense, can understand why ETR couldn't just bail out on this halfway through the pressing, when the band's manager even apologized for not getting back to him.

Additionally, its completely legal and legit. Ross didn't EVEN HAVE TO reach out to the band, but he did out of respect. If you know anything about ETR's history, they don't press things if the band is not cool with it, ever. They've gotton permission from labels who own all the rights in the past, but turned the pressing down because the band wasn't giving approval. So the band can't even act as if they didn't give Ross the OK to begin with because ETR has never, ever done that to a band.

Yeahhhhhhhhh American capitalism wooo! *Fires Guns*
Http://bit.ly/OqGYkA 《nsfw》

Great questions. We should certainly still have the masters. As far as format I have no idea man sorry, it was long time ago but I can try to find out as much info as possible. I'm not sure what ETR's whole process, I'm curious myself what the costs were to get the rights.

That's definitely cool, was just curious but I appreciate your honest response anyhow. I think this is becoming a learning process for all of us, in the business or solely as consumers. I'm sure you both want to make your releases as best as you possibly can, and I know how tough this type of thing can be so I wanna wish you luck with it.