PO: Beach Slang - Who Would Ever Want Anything So Broken? (ex-Weston)

So I couldn't listen to every single record from the 90s (I swear I tried), do Beach Slang and Weston share a vocalist or some other important member? I assume I should check out all of Weston's material if I like BS, but should I start logically from the beginning or work my way backwards?

curious about this too as I only recently discovered Beach Slang

I'm glad I'm not the only one wondering, and am proud to ask the question for both of us.

I honestly only know of this band from VC, and shortly after this thread showed up TE announced they signed them so I knew they must be good. TE never fail me.

So I couldn't listen to every single record from the 90s (I swear I tried), do Beach Slang and Weston share a vocalist or some other important member? I assume I should check out all of Weston's material if I like BS, but should I start logically from the beginning or work my way backwards?

James sings and plays guitar in both Weston and BS, but he didn't join until after Weston's first lp (..Teenage Rebellion) which is a great album. Their second is probably most people's favorite (Got Beat Up). Matinee followed which is also great then they released an album on a japanese? label and I've never heard it, but the next and last album had a few songs from it.. The Massed Albert Sounds. Again, a great album.. They recorded a live reunion album in 2010 too.

James sings and plays guitar in both Weston and BS, but he didn't join until after Weston's first lp (..Teenage Rebellion) which is a great album. Their second is probably most people's favorite (Got Beat Up). Matinee followed which is also great then they released an album on a japanese? label and I've never heard it, but the next and last album had a few songs from it.. The Massed Albert Sounds. Again, a great album.. They recorded a live reunion album in 2010 too.

James was in the band when the first LP was released, he just didn't sing on it.  

James was in the band when the first LP was released, he just didn't sing on it.

I seeee.. wasn't someone from Digger in the band early on?

If you guys like Weston's music, check out Digger as well. They used to play Wilkes-Barre a lot and were one of the first shows I went to. Most of their albums were on Hopeless Records.

I seeee.. wasn't someone from Digger in the band early on?

If you guys like Weston's music, check out Digger as well. They used to play Wilkes-Barre a lot and were one of the first shows I went to. Most of their albums were on Hopeless Records.

Not sure.  I never got that into Digger.  I was a fan of Weston early on, pre-Got Beat Up.  At the time, I was put off by James's voice in Weston (however some of their better songs were with him singing).  I like it a lot more in Beach Slang.

• 3 weeks later...