World Cup 2014 Discussion

Now, what were we saying? We'll see on Sunday how Portugal fairs. England are awful. You Brits are deluded

How has this become England v Portugal? We got beaten, you got humiliated. Gave away shit goals but were far from "awful". If Ronaldo's not fit would you really back Portugal so heavily against USA?

We got beaten, you got humiliated. Gave away shit goals but were far from "awful". If Ronaldo's not fit would you really back Portugal so heavily against USA?

We got humiliated against a very good German side that were playing with an extra man for an hour. If Ronaldo isn't fit, I'd still back the quality to beat both the USA and Ghana - player to player, no one on the USA team would walk into Portugals first team minus MAYBE Tim Howard. 

I'm only bringing up POR/ENG cause of some response pages back. Just a bit of banter, mate! 

We got humiliated against a very good German side that were playing with an extra man for an hour. If Ronaldo isn't fit, I'd still back the quality to beat both the USA and Ghana - player to player, no one on the USA team would walk into Portugals first team minus MAYBE Tim Howard. 

I'm only bringing up POR/ENG cause of some response pages back. Just a bit of banter, mate! 

Just wondering, that's all. Honestly i don't care about international football in the slightest, but obviously it'd be nice to see England do well. 

I just don't see the fuss about Portugal, they scraped in off Ronaldo's form and are so scared to pass to anyone but him that it made them completely toothless against Germany, who i think would have scored four even if Pepe hadn't have been sent off.

Monies been on the Germans since the start. We all know its just football banter! Be nice to see what England do in preparation for the Euros.

i saw Portugal play Azerbaijan in the qualifiers and it is one of the worst games of football I've ever seen & Ronny wasn't playing. shows how much they need him & are totally average without.

http://theweek.com/article/index/263322/face-it-america-the-us-mens-soccer-team-is-pretty-bad#axzz356incgJ9

How do you guys feel about this?

It explains all of my thoughts.

I was expecting so much more.

I didn't watch enough of it to really be able to comment but i always think the US puts out a decent side capable of causing upsets, one point on sunday and you stand a really good chance of going through unless Germany hammer you... which isn't out of the question, unfortunately.

I always hear people saying the US could end up winning the world cup, given the resources and the population size. How close it it to being a major sport over there? Is it already? I dunno, it seems to me as thought a bit more popularity could end up with you having a really decent side.

http://theweek.com/article/index/263322/face-it-america-the-us-mens-soccer-team-is-pretty-bad#axzz356incgJ9

How do you guys feel about this?

It explains all of my thoughts.

I was expecting so much more.

Smells like linkbait. Bases his whole headline on one 90 minute performance against one of the faster, fitter teams in the WC.

There are lots of criticism and cases to be made to justify that headline. He did a pretty lousy job, does he regularly cover the team?

I didn't watch enough of it to really be able to comment but i always think the US puts out a decent side capable of causing upsets, one point on sunday and you stand a really good chance of going through unless Germany hammer you... which isn't out of the question, unfortunately.

I always hear people saying the US could end up winning the world cup, given the resources and the population size. How close it it to being a major sport over there? Is it already? I dunno, it seems to me as thought a bit more popularity could end up with you having a really decent side.

its popular but not that popular unless the world cup is on for the more general public. Big issue is people just swearing it off because its a "pussy sport" or other such moronic view points. I hear a lot of people bad mouth it because they say its a non contact sport yet they watch fucking baseball...Nothing against baseball but if thats just goofy to me. Either way we have way to many major sports so its tough to throw another into the mix it seems.