World Cup 2014 Discussion

Brazil looking like the best shot right now, maybe the Germans could have a go. It would be a real shock to see Belgium make a deep run. I think they might almost have slid to overrated at this point since they have been the consensus "dark" house for a long time. I'm excited to watch their young talent play, but I don't think the team is world class. 

I'm hoping the US can get out of the group but I'm not expecting it. It'll take a near miracle to get a result against Germany and Portugal, let alone our nemesis Ghana. I'm excited the Jurgen has brought some youth along for the trip and has given some new guys and the multi-nationals the chance they didn't get under Bradley. Realistically, US is probably better positioned to make some noise in 2018, especially with the inexperience in the back. 

That said, you never know. Just got to be better for 90 minutes. I'm cool with England going far but I'm not picking them to win. 

I've got a World Cup charity raffle going on, you guys should enter if you haven't already. Foreigners gotta pay for shipping if they win though.... sorry lads. 

Spain for me as well. Spain is entering the competition with a largely verteran team but the coach is using that to his advantage by playing strictly through the middle and devoid of wingers. Even without Costa, Spain will find a way. Speaking about the US, I would like to see Johansson given a chance to play up top instead of Altidore. However experienced, he's just not clinical enough in front of goal and in games where the US will have a minimum of chances they need to be converted.