Discussion Regarding Posting Guidelines/Ground Rules

I'm a noob and I've gotten along with everyone pretty well. I haven't had anyone be rude to me. I try and stay polite with everyone and search a whole thread before asking a question to see if it has been answered. I think maybe because I'm new, I don't want to step on anyone's toes? But I can see how posting rules and guidelines could be helpful for the newbies.

2-The-Help-quotes.gif

My brother started that site with another dude! Crazy it's still up

funny, not-so-funny story: i was super into booze cats for like a week maybe 5 years ago. my sister had to interview the owner of a local chain of grocery stores for one of her business classes, and he just casually mentioned during this interview that his son was the one who started it with his friend. SMALL WORLD.

you average over 40 posts per day, and in a little over three months accumulated over 1k posts.

no longer a noob.

impressive:

ScreenShot2014-06-05at115837AM_zps07f6e5

Well, well. I will say...a number of those 1000 posts are what got me in trouble on here... BUT that's in the past and I'm ready to move beyond it!

Back to the topic at hand:

I've seen a number of boards with a minimum post count to be able to post something for sale. Would that be something that could be implemented somehow here if people were behind it?

Have we really run the course here? 

- gif-trolling = a warning. An understanding of what would constitute gif-trolling seems needed at this point. 

- end the boobies

- fix the search function

- be excellent to one another

- let's not lock threads too quickly

Seriously, if that's what this all boils down to then we aren't in bad shape. 

This thread is at least a little bit laughable. You have people in here who used multiple slurs in one post and people who knowingly tried to interfere with one's personal/professional relationships yet faced no consequence in here telling people how they're supposed to act. Not to mention all of those who downvoted people because one person made it known that they didn't like them, and the guy who made fun of me for standing up for that individual.

This thread is at least a little bit laughable. You have people in here who used multiple slurs in one post and people who knowingly tried to interfere with one's personal/professional relationships yet faced no consequence in here telling people how they're supposed to act.

Name names