Discussion Regarding Posting Guidelines/Ground Rules

I don't get it. So much fighting and gif trolling and threats and musicinveins11 and jennywhatsherface ripping people off and stuff and people think the boobs and butt threads are a problem. You know the two threads where none of that stuff happened. /unpopular opinion

I don't honestly have anything else meaningful to contribute, as the music threads I usually post in max out in 3 pages now. 

I guess hazing n00bz is one thing, but just being a dick is another. I've seen it on other message boards, where suddenly a little knowledge of a particular interest or hobby often means there's instantly this huge gulf between newbies and "forum experts", which results in innocent, simple questions just being met with shitty jokes at the OP's expense. It happens everywhere but the transition to "curious amateur" to "king of knowledge" seems to happen much quicker with vinyl.

Call it sass if you like, but if someone genuinely is interested in learning more about records, turntables, pressings, labels etc then they're obviously going to at least try to get involved with an internet forum dedicated to the medium. Some people don't use internet message boards much, and when you see a page with endless threads then trying to present your initial question can be pretty daunting. If there's already a thread/website/article that addresses their query, just link them to it. Or even just give as much advice as you can. If they're just met with stupid shit, no useful information or even just "lol" then they're probably not going to come back. But maybe there are some members who actually want that outcome? More room to jizz over Brand New records and Disney soundtracks I guess.