Alkaline Trio Discography Tour (Chicago, LA, NYC)

I would love to be at all four nights in Chicago! A fanboys dream come true! But nope I'm a middle aged family man from pittsburgh. Not happening...I'm crushed! Seems to be pretty ambitious for the Trio. Been playing the "fan favorites" plus a few for the last seven or eight yrs. Only played about half of each of the last four albums live. So there gonna be a shit ton of first timers. It would be pretty cool to be apart of these shows....even to hear the last few albums would be cool.

So they aren't playing S/T Only Goddamnit, Maybe I'll Catch Fire, From Here to Infirmary, Good Mourning, Crimson, This Addiction, Agony and Irony, and My Shame is True. 

My problem with this is that Broken wing is better than everything on My Shame is True, Self Titled is bette than their last 4 releases. What did I buy into? 

I'm not complaining and I know I will have a wonderful time each night, but I wish they did it more like brand new did and included a lot of Bsides and songs associated with said albums. 

So they aren't playing S/T Only Goddamnit, Maybe I'll Catch Fire, From Here to Infirmary, Good Mourning, Crimson, This Addiction, Agony and Irony, and My Shame is True. 

My problem with this is that Broken wing is better than everything on My Shame is True, Self Titled is bette than their last 4 releases. What did I buy into? 

I'm not complaining and I know I will have a wonderful time each night, but I wish they did it more like brand new did and included a lot of Bsides and songs associated with said albums. 

I mean...to be fair, S/T is the best of all their stuff as far as I'm concerned and it's just a compilation of eps and whatnot.  

If I had to choose a night of what they're actually playing though, obviously it would be  Goddamnit/Maybe I'll Catch Fire.

I dig From Here to Infirmary and Good Mourning enough that I wouldn't hate seeing those albums, but I think the rest are unlistenable.

Doesn't really matter since they're not heading up here to Portland, but whatever.

Also, maybe you'll get lucky and they'll throw in some songs from S/T each night?

They should have added a 5th night for S/T and Remains.

My bud bought tickets to the NYC shows and told me I was going. We'll see how that plays out. Only trouble is it's the week before Fest.

Yeah, I'm bummed that this is all gonna take place in October. Way too close to Fest. But I grabbed tix for all 4 nights in LA, so my girlfriend and I will find a way to make it work.

I got tickets for myself and a friend for the LA shows. My one concern, you couldn't pick up more than one poster per order. Really hoping they have some for sale at the shows. 

Hopefully they do the same thing as The Bouncing Souls and sell a USB drive that will give you access to recordings of all the shows!