PO: Ryan Adams - Self-Titled 9/9/14

His "amateur hour weed buddy" on bass is just an engineer, total amateur musician for sure.

Sound Engineer does not necessarily equal great on an actual instrument. We're hearing the same things here. There's been a fair amount of chatter about his new band not being very good right now on other boards so it's definitely not just coming from me.

And to say he is an amateur is just plain stupid. He was good enough to produce or engineer albums for Bob Dylan, has been working with Ryan since Easy Tiger, and worked on slews of other great albums, but totally an amateur cause some guy on the 'net doesnt like him compared to the old bassist.

Producing albums does not necessarily mean you're an artist that plays an instrument. Your problem is that you're confusing the 2 by trying to combine them. The dude who produced Phish's last album. Well respected in the industry for decades. Can he play guitar like Trey? If he did he'd be selling out amphitheaters across the country for the last 15 years, wouldn't he?

I don't even think Spacewolf was even close to God's gift to the bass (That title is likely reserved for Victor Wooten or maybe Jaco Pastorius). I really don't care who RA decides to put on bass to be quite honest with you as long as he/she sounds like they know what they're doing. I feel like the rhythm section has been stipped down to extreme boredom with his new band. No interesting fills just bland and really simple and basic. If it's a matter of how Ryan wants his songs to be played then it's not gonna be as entertaining a live show as it's been with his other bands in the past.

• 3 weeks later...

http://ryanadams.shopfirebrand.com/products/jacksonville-7

Apparently they put up a Jacksonville 7" and pulled it down just as quick. I''d guess this will be the next 7" coming sometime next week

SRC just put it up for pre-order.  Has a Sept 16th release date

http://www.shopradiocast.com/products/Ryan-Adams-%252d-Jacksonville-7%22.html