Scott Walker and Sunn O))) Record Coming This Year

Yeah I checked out the CD and it's like $27 USD after shipping, but they also charge tax apparently?  I don't think that's included in the $27 either.  So like $35 Canadian or something? Crazy.  Totally weird that they charge tax because I'm in Canada and I'm pretty sure that legally, it doesn't work that way.  Never been charged tax on a purchase outside on Canada before.

So I'll probably wait and see, or maybe take a chance on the CD if I can find it for a reasonable price.  Vinyl was close to $50 USD for me I think so that's far too much to take a chance on, even based on the preview.

That has the be the highest BPMs Sunn O))) has ever had in any song.

Judging from the clip, I'm not sure this will live up to the names of those involved. Agree with the person who felt their best work was the Boris collab. Other than that M&D was okay and the collab w/ Ulver was also underwhelming considering the names involved.

Not going to write it off as the Lulu of doom just yet based on a short clip, but I was envisioning something transcendent, but I expect it to be more along the lines of the Ulver collab in terms of achievement.

This sounds exactly like what a Sunn + Scott Walker album should sound like. That preview was great.

This sounds exactly like what a Sunn + Scott Walker album should sound like. That preview was great.

I agree completely.  Very excited for this one.  Creative process is obviously different for Scott this time around.  I think he typically writes lyrics first and creates music to complement them.  I love Bish Bosch.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Anyone who's listened to the leak have a verdict?

I listened to it  yesterday and I'm not entirely sure what I think.  It's not bad, but it feels less like a Sunn record that I was hoping for.  It's less drone and more ambient/noise.  I think Walker fans will probably dig it more than Sunn fans will.  I'm going to listen to it a few more times and figure out if I want to pick it up.  That price point is a little steep for me to pick something up that I don't love.

• 2 weeks later...