Scott Walker and Sunn O))) Record Coming This Year

Love everything Scotty has done from Scott 1 to Bish Bosch. I'm especially a fan of his Nite Flights and what I think is his most under appreciated album Climate of Hunter. Either way, this is going to no doubt be absolutely amazing. I wonder if Peter Walsh is going to engineer and produce this outing (probably 99% sure he is).

Never heard of Walker prior to this, but at least now I know why sunn kept posting 'scott o)))'.

I don't see myself pre-ordering anything, but I'll definitely check it out when it's released. Every Sunn collab thus far has been awesome.

Check him out! Scott is easily one of the most interesting musicians alive.

• 5 weeks later...

I'm gonna hold off and see if it pops up on Amazon or my local record store.

Both of the recent Cocteau Twins 4AD reissues are available on Amazon, but they end up a couple bucks more than through 4AD - with Prime shipping it ends up being a wash.  I didn't look too frequently, but I never saw the prices come down (and ended up just going through 4AD).

$30 is actually a bit high for 4AD - Scott Walker's last one seems to come close ($26), but a lot of their 2LP's seem to go for around $20.

Preorder up: http://shopusa.4ad.com/soused

Also, a nice little teaser was just posted:

That has the be the highest BPMs Sunn O))) has ever had in any song.

Judging from the clip, I'm not sure this will live up to the names of those involved.  Agree with the person who felt their best work was the Boris collab.  Other than that M&D was okay and the collab w/ Ulver was also underwhelming considering the names involved.

Not going to write it off as the Lulu of doom just yet based on a short clip, but I was envisioning something transcendent, but I expect it to be more along the lines of the Ulver collab in terms of achievement.

Looks like they don't ship to my location, I've e-mailed them about it.

Also, SL didn't mention anything about distributing copies so far.

Do 4AD play the colored vinyl game? 

It said on the 4AD store that the initial pressing was on red. I could've sworn that it said that it was on red, but now it's saying black. Maybe it sold out?