Dads - I'll Be The Tornado

Saw TMP and dads last night. TMP stole the show. dads was good but the mix sounded super weird. so yea, thats my story. 

I went to their Dallas show and they were both pretty rad. Sadly some drunk guy kept yelling at John during Dads' acoustic set and interrupting the show, which ruined the experience a bit, but I enjoyed both sets tremendously. I also picked up a tour press which looks phenomenal.

More related to the thread however - how the hell do I play the flexi? when I try to my needle jumps around a ton, especially on 45rpm which is what it should be spinning at. the flexi is lying relatively flat, though I have no experience with flexis before this. I've tried playing it with another record under it for a stronger base with no luck, although it did seem to slightly help.

edit: dialing up my tracking force a ton helps, but still can't get it to work properly on 45 rpm and I'm afraid I'm wrecking this record and my needle.

edit2: life is suffering

I went to their Dallas show and they were both pretty rad. Sadly some drunk guy kept yelling at John during Dads' acoustic set and interrupting the show, which ruined the experience a bit, but I enjoyed both sets tremendously. I also picked up a tour press which looks phenomenal.

More related to the thread however - how the hell do I play the flexi? when I try to my needle jumps around a ton, especially on 45rpm which is what it should be spinning at. the flexi is lying relatively flat, though I have no experience with flexis before this. I've tried playing it with another record under it for a stronger base with no luck, although it did seem to slightly help.

edit: dialing up my tracking force a ton helps, but still can't get it to work properly on 45 rpm and I'm afraid I'm wrecking this record and my needle.

edit2: life is suffering

Did John talk shit to the guy? He usually doesn't have a probably sassing drunk assholes who shout at them.

Directly from the label the record costs $14. Add $5.50 for shipping and it comes to $19.50. It's a dollar more to order this variant from Hot Topic with free ship-to-store. $16 on amazon with free prime shipping but its out of stock.

Plus the time/effort/gas to get to the store.  It's definitely overpriced, but as cwhit said, nobody should be surprised by HT's pricing anymore.  If you want whatever variant they have then you have to pay up.

Yeah, $20.50 is a lot for a single LP, but shipping it to a local store (which is 5 minutes away from me) is fairly reasonable. Only like $3 or so difference in price, had I gotten it from the label. Which I did, but I also wanted this variant too haha. The first hot topic exclusive I got was this, as well as Moose Blood.

Also the "$20.50 hot topic sucks" is old haha. Everyone should know by now that everyone's tryna get theirs $$$$