Dads - I'll Be The Tornado

Dumbass hyperbolic blog post pissing off people who want to be pissed off. Remember when they donated all the proceeds from the Woman EP to Planned Parenthood? Monsters.

Because it's totally cool to continue supporting a band when the dude ran a blog or some shit where he objectified women in the most disgusting and demeaning way possible. Being pissed off just to be pissed off, or standing up against bullshit like that within the scene, and making a point that it's not okay?

Because it's totally cool to continue supporting a band when the dude ran a blog or some shit where he objectified women in the most disgusting and demeaning way possible. Being pissed off just to be pissed off, or standing up against bullshit like that within the scene, and making a point that it's not okay?

There's a big difference between real life and made up nonsensical stories on a blog. Everything doesn't have to be an -ism/-ist battle. You're just looking for another reason to shit on a band you already don't like.

And since we're over exaggerating (and I'm not saying that blog post was remotely close to being on Bukowski's or Palahniuk's level), should we not support anyone who's ever fictionalized misogynistic material? Hope you didn't like Fight Club cause Choke objectified women. Better not own any Glassjaw albums because Daryl's written some pretty brutal lyrics.

I don't disagree. However I understand that there is a context to what they do and I'm not going to dismiss something because the creator(s) are expressing things that make me feel uncomfortable. I love Game of Thrones, for example.

My problem is the lyrics are not a fictionalized account. GoT is fiction, the show has made some questionable decisions but it's still fiction. A dude screaming about his ex being a whore is something I can't get behind.

My problem is the lyrics are not a fictionalized account. GoT is fiction, the show has made some questionable decisions but it's still fiction. A dude screaming about his ex being a whore is something I can't get behind.

I don't mean this as an insult but who are you to say what is and isn't fictional and what an artist should and shouldn't write? If we're assuming all lyrical content is based on real life events then the members of Cannibal Corpse and DragonForce are leading some VERY interesting lives.

Well if that is true you must love rape...because you know....that's how things work.

I also played the new Call of Duty so that must mean I LOVE wars.

I read that dumb blog post and it's not even remotely close to being related to Dads' material. If anything their lyrics are very PMA. The repeated line of the first song on American Radass is "You and only you can change yourself" ffs

There's a big difference between real life and made up nonsensical stories on a blog. Everything doesn't have to be an -ism/-ist battle. You're just looking for another reason to shit on a band you already don't like.

First off, I've made it clear there a some Dads songs I enjoy.

Why does is fucking matter if he didn't do those things to the women that he wrote about? It's still fucking disgusting and I wouldn't want to be around, or support someone who spends their free time writing that shit. You can't make a blog post about hating black people and using racist slurs, and then follow it up with, "This was a made up nonsensical story, and I don't believe in racism", and expect it to be okay and for people to believe that you're not a racist piece of shit.

Why does is fucking matter if he didn't do those things to the women that he wrote about? It's still fucking disgusting and I wouldn't want to be around, or support someone who spends their free time writing that shit. You can't make a blog post about hating black people and calling them the "n" word, and then follow it up with, "This was a made up nonsensical story, and I don't believe in racism", and expect it to be okay and for people to believe that you're not a racist piece of shit.

Wow, and I thought I was reaching with my insane comparisons. You have a really hard time separating fiction from non-fiction. No hard feelings. Agree to disagree.

Why does is fucking matter if he didn't do those things to the women that he wrote about? It's still fucking disgusting and I wouldn't want to be around, or support someone who spends their free time writing that shit. You can't make a blog post about hating black people and calling them the "n" word, and then follow it up with, "This was a made up nonsensical story, and I don't believe in racism", and expect it to be okay and for people to believe that you're not a racist piece of shit.

that's exactly what the bassist of Diiv did and he got away with it