FS: TWIABP: 1 of a kind variant/tour press/old gray test presses

honestly it's just funny, if you can't see the humor in all of it, i don't know what to say.

a 1/1 record is just asking for trouble for a lot of people, it's better off being a 1/none

Kinda see what you mean, but if you guys were to not fuck with the ebay bid, there's a chance someone who really wanted it gets it. Of course that's only one person, may the luckiest person win?

Kinda see what you mean, but if you guys were to not fuck with the ebay bid, there's a chance someone who really wanted it gets it. Of course that's only one person, may the luckiest person win?

I don't think we're going to fuck the bid, because we genuinely want to win it

I don't think we're going to fuck the bid, because we genuinely want to win it

Haha. This is a circle of a conversation. I could say something like "but you're not going to even use the record for what it was intended" or "it's out of spite of not letting a specific person or anyone have it because you made your own rule of 1/none" etc. etc. but you are entitled to team up and win the album if you truly want to. It's certainly not against any rule which leaves this conversation open-ended based on personal opinions.

I think everybody is getting a little too upset over this. I'd say the odds of us actually winning the record are pretty low, if you look at the auction it's already at $102, and it still has over six days remaining. In terms of upsetting other people, the only people I would really care about upsetting would be the band members themselves, especially Derrick because he's the guy behind BWM and probably put these up for sale himself. If you've ever looked at their tumblr or anything though you'd realise that the band pretty much doesn't give a fuck, and would probably find this funny to a certain extent.

I had a really bad day yesterday so it was nice to just unwind in this thread a bit at the crazy possibility of this happening.

On subject this record looks really cool.  It seems Gotta Groove records sent this style with exploding labels to several small labels with the orders earlier this year to let them see something they are doing now.  So most of them are 1/1, but a few labels have liked it enough to order them.

That's actually pretty cool. I would laugh if Topshelf used it for the next run of Formlessness and then this record was no longer a 1/1 variant though.

I like to think if Parkinglot were actually trying to win the auction everyone would back off. Even though I'm not participating I think the idea of buying a /1 variant to send around for people to take selfies with is pretty funny. Especially if everyone posted them to like instagram or something with no explanation to cause confusion.

Derrick himself did put it up for auction, his buddy at Gotta Groove Recs sent him a few random one-off  variants or something. Honestly it's just funny, and would be great if it would actually happen, but the chances are slim/none. It's honestly just a funny thing.

IT's funny to run the price up and possibly destroy a record that someone else wants?

Who said we were running the price up? The $160 came from how much we estimate it'll end up selling for from other people bidding. 

As for destroying, that's so everyone who chipped in to buy it can get a piece. It'd be dumb to all put money towards it then only one person gets to keep it. Though if we did give it to one person I volunteer ParkingLot be the one. Cause ya know.

IT's funny to run the price up and possibly destroy a record that someone else wants?

.....I hope he (/I) never find a record you really want.

Who's running a price up? Nothing has been said about that at all, besides, it's just money that's going directly to the band/label, Derrick himself thinks it's funny.

If he finds a record that I really want and destroys it, that's his choice to do, I'll be bummed, but it'll definitely soften the blow if he takes awesome pics with it first. 

There's no need to feel the hurt on this. Also I don't feel any need to justify comedy. 

i don't think you guys know what a joke is.

about the label blowout variable, i know that ross at ETR did some with that a few years ago. fall of troy record i think? it's a really cool design, if i remember correctly it's something like pressing a small record with the label on it sandwiched by the actual record, and it sort of blows it out.

.....I hope he (/I) never find a record you really want.

Except it's not running the price up at all. The 7" is going to go for at least $150, if not for more than $200. You'd be daft to think otherwise. Even if we somehow raise $160+ to put a bid on it at the last minute I doubt we would get it.

On the topic of "it should go to someone who wants it". It's a circular argument, and it doesn't accomplish anything. On one hand one lucky (and rich) kid is happy and has a unique 7", on the other a group of people are happy and each has a piece of the unique 7".

Also for anyone who thinks we're hating on Parkinglot, we're not. He's a super cool dude and if he can get this 1/1 Formlessness then that's awesome. Dude's got an awesome collection and I hope he can "complete" it one day.

i don't think you guys know what a joke is.

about the label blowout variable, i know that ross at ETR did some with that a few years ago. fall of troy record i think? it's a really cool design, if i remember correctly it's something like pressing a small record with the label on it sandwiched by the actual record, and it sort of blows it out.

Yup. It was Ross. It was done for the FoT s/t LP. I believe he did a run of 50 which were randomly inserted in orders.

Wait is ParkingLot's collection even near complete? Last time I checked there were over 10 variants of the LP, and ParkingLot, surely there are some people with a lot more of it anyways. 

He's missing a handful of the super rare things the band has put out.

On the topic of the LP I think I have more variants than him. Only ones that I am missing are the record release variant and the third press. (not counting the accepted/rejected test presses because I'll never get one).

On the topic of the LP I think I have more variants than him. Only ones that I am missing are the record release variant and the third press. (not counting the accepted/rejected test presses because I'll never get one).

Does he have any test presses? Someone should really get him in here and have him post his collection picture again. It's a pretty sight to see. I'm amazed by his commitment. Especially since it's all shipped to Canada right? That's gotta be a bitch in shipping alone.

I find it funny how we joke about buying it as a community and sharing it amongst each other and yet people are complaining because ONE person might want it really badly. All for one or none for all.

Does he have any test presses? Someone should really get him in here and have him post his collection picture again. It's a pretty sight to see. I'm amazed by his commitment. Especially since it's all shipped to Canada right? That's gotta be a bitch in shipping alone.

I don't think he has any unless he got one from when BWM posted here and told him to contact them. I also want an updated picture of his collection.

if you were buying it as a group because you wanted it , I don't think anyone would complain at all.

Buying it so someone else can't and then destroying it so no one can have it is an ass move though

Did you not read the thread at all? If we did manage to buy it, it would be passed around to each person who helped. They would enjoy it then pass it on. Afterwards, it would broken up and each person would get a piece. That way it still continued to be shared. No one is being singled out.

Have you read the thread?

Dickbutt says in the 3rd post "I should buy it just to fuck with him."

The passing it around and sharing it...sure if that's your thing go for it...but why destroy it?  Do you really enjoy owning part of a broken record?  If so I have lots of damaged records I will gladly sell you.