so i was at hottopic....

i have no idea what hot topic is like being from the uk, but i find it endlessly amusing that the majority of people that post on this board are somehow affronted by the idea of having to go into an 'uncool' shop to look for records. if they've got vinyl in there, what's the big deal? someone please explain!

Our Hot Topic went on a going-out-of-business-50% off sale less than an hour after I was in there looking at records. I even asked the girl working when they were having the sale and she said she didn't know (lies!!!). My friends called me an hour later talking about all the records they got. (Minor Threat, Brand New, Bob Marley, etc.). All I really wanted was the Dark Side of the Moon Anniversary edition. Bastards!!!!!

Our Hot Topic went on a going-out-of-business-50% off sale less than an hour after I was in there looking at records. I even asked the girl working when they were having the sale and she said she didn't know (lies!!!). My friends called me an hour later talking about all the records they got. (Minor Threat, Brand New, Bob Marley, etc.). All I really wanted was the Dark Side of the Moon Anniversary edition. Bastards!!!!!

next time you go in cockdrop the girl who lied to you and teach her that it is not OK to be a girl

i got roped in to going to the mall on saturday b/c the GF was using some gift-cards so while she was shopping i went to look for records at hot topic. went in and walked around and didnt see any vinyl, so i asked and the gothic employee guy where they were and he walked over and pointed at the shelf of cds and said "here are the records" i replied "um.... those are cds" and he said "same difference" and walked away.

fucking awesome!

I pop in every time I'm at the mall, which is like once every 3 months, to check out what vinyl they might have. The one at the Blvd Mall in Buffalo is usually decently stocked... nothing crazy but not bad. The Carousel Mall in Syracuse is shit.. last time I checked it had some Dr. Dre and that's it.

saying Hi to a friend that works there..

I love how everytime someone mentions that they went to Hot Topic they explain why they were in there.

Don't get me wrong, I believe that you really were saying hi to a friend, but if the story involved you walking into Old Navy or Mervyn's you wouldn't explain to us why you were in there. It's not just you, it's pretty much everyone (I've been guilty of it too). I just think it's funny.

i probably would give an explanation for Old Navy or Mervyn's as well, but that's just me..

as it is, i did go there last week to check out the records and picked up

The Mars Volta - Amputechture for $10

and Wu Tang Clan - Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers) for $9