I would love to have a physical copy of See Birds, doubt that's the surprise though.

Balam Acab is super underrated. Fell in love with See Birds when it came out and was blown away by the debut album shortly after.

Glad to see the new one finally being released (though I still haven't listened yet :( ) and I think it's super cool that a label like Orchid Tapes is putting out the physical.

I'm praying for cassettes at some point (of the new album and/or a reissue of WW/SB), but it looks like only vinyl has been announced thus far. I did make a comment about cassettes on the OT facebook that was liked by OT though, so who knows..

Balam Acab is super underrated. Fell in love with See Birds when it came out and was blown away by the debut album shortly after.

Glad to see the new one finally being released (though I still haven't listened yet :( ) and I think it's super cool that a label like Orchid Tapes is putting out the physical.

I'm praying for cassettes at some point (of the new album and/or a reissue of WW/SB), but it looks like only vinyl has been announced thus far. I did make a comment about cassettes on the OT facebook that was liked by OT though, so who knows..

I just need to listen to a physical version of Big Boy.

I slept on blue suicide when it was available bc it was so cheap at forknspoon that I was like "well I'll just grab it later" since it was available for a while but then suddenly it was gone and immediately the aftermarket skyrocket to like $50 and I still don't have a vinyl copy of blue suicide just tape. (same thing happened with posthumous release but forknspoon was kind enough to inform me about a record store that had one in stock and did mailorder) 

This is spoken like someone who can afford aftermarket prices tho 

Well for the first time in my life I am able to afford secondhand so it's a nice luxury I'm finally getting to experience. So I guess it still has it's novelty.  But I understand everyone is not in this position

Well for the first time in my life I am able to afford secondhand so it's a nice luxury I'm finally getting to experience. So I guess it still has it's novelty. But I understand everyone is not in this position

arent you going to art school in nyc? I mean if you're on a full ride and working too then good on you.

arent you going to art school in nyc? I mean if you're on a full ride and working too then good on you.

LOL I was but I left because it was too expensive and the money I had saved was going too fast.  I had a change in passion I.E. I want to make music for the rest of my life so I left. So for the time being I just make money and save. i didn't have a full ride but I had grants + savings that would have gotten me through like 3 years before loans. What was in my schooling fund is going towards traveling, music, and experiencing life. I was on scholarships so that semester was paid for.

After this year or so I may go back as a back up plan but I'm not getting any young so if I want this I'm going to get it.

LOL I was but I left because it was too expensive and the money I had saved was going too fast.  I had a change in passion I.E. I want to make music for the rest of my life so I left. So for the time being I just make money and save. i didn't have a full ride but I had grants + savings that would have gotten me through like 3 years before loans. What was in my schooling fund is going towards traveling, music, and experiencing life. I was on scholarships so that semester was paid for.

After this year or so I may go back as a back up plan but I'm not getting any young so if I want this I'm going to get it.

I'm happy your parents support your passion but I'm poor and can't buy $100 records  :(

Yeah I touched on this last night in another thread. But I think it's more fun hunting and chasing down records. It really gives a collecting vibe to collecting!

I don't really agree with this sentiment at all. I am thankful I can afford most records I want, but I do not see modern records as things that should ever cost alot of money. If there is so much interest and desire for a record it should be repressed. It helps everyone involved, the artist, label, and consumer. Older records I can definitely see having this feeling for because there is less of a market for them and less of a need for repress.

All this "hunt" benefits is people who got lucky and knew about an artist early and decided to buy and then later decide to sell. I think captured tracks is the best at pleasing their fans like this. Back at the end/beginning of 2014/2015 when Mac DeMarco started to crazily blowup his records all sold out. They started going for over $100 on eBay. Then Captured Tracks repressed them all and everyone was happy.

All in all I think music should be accessible, will I keep buying expensive aftermarket records? Yes. But will I enjoy doing it? No.