PO : Belle & Sebastian - LP Reissues - Out 10.17

Looks like Matador is reissuing 10 Belle & Sebastian releases.

10608171_1389397451316401_406331098_n.jp

Tigermilk (Matador / Jeepster)
If You’re Feeling Sinister (Matador / Jeepster)
The Boy With The Arab Strap (Matador / Jeepster)
Fold Your Hands Child, You walk Like A Peasant (Matador / Jeepster)
Push Barman To Open Old Wounds (Matador / Jeepster)

Dear Catastrophe Waitress (Matador / Rough Trade) with alternate art
The Life Pursuit (Matador / Rough Trade)
The BBC Sessions (Matador / Jeepster)
Write About Love (Matador / Rough Trade)
The Third Eye Centre (Matador / Rough Trade)

Each album is repackaged in resealable mylar bags, each with a customized obi strip and download card.

There’s new cover art for ‘Dear Catastrophe Waitress’, and ‘Push Barman To Open Old Wounds’, “The Life Pursuit’ and ‘Dear Catastrophe Waitress’ will be back in print on vinyl for the first time in ages.

http://store.matadorrecords.com/belle-and-sebastian-lp-reissues

It's a little overwhelming that they're releasing them all at once.  I hope Matador keeps them in print for a while.

Sounds like its a one time pressing, but I'm sure it will be a large stock. Will probably be readily available for about a year. Most of these have already had a few pressings so demand won't be huge for a majority of these.

I'm surprised they didn't do a box set version.

That alternate artwork is pretty awesome.  I'm going to have to pick up Dear Catastrophe Waitress and Push Barman to Open Old Wounds.

(Of note, those who don't have Third Eye Centre yet, its nearly half off at Insound right now - $12! http://www.insound.com/The-Third-Eye-Centre-Vinyl-LP-Belle-and-Sebastian/P/INS123577/&from=12602)

That alternate artwork is pretty awesome. I'm going to have to pick up Dear Catastrophe Waitress and Push Barman to Open Old Wounds.

(Of note, those who don't have Third Eye Center yet, its nearly half off at Insound right now - $12! http://www.insound.com/The-Third-Eye-Centre-Vinyl-LP-Belle-and-Sebastian/P/INS123577/&from=12602)

Wow. I'm going to have to grab that.

When you own every single OP (LP, Single, EP, Comp) I can't help but feel somewhat disheartened for all those years making the collection! But nonetheless I am always for repressing and keeping things in print. Its nice they will designate them from OP...Granted much of the first pressings were imports! 

I hear that. I was hoping and hoping for a Sleep's Holy Mountain re-press and I finally bought one of the older pressings...I'll be a little bummed if it gets re-pressed now, but happy at the same time because more people will be able to grab that album.

Which one was that? I have the 180g RTI pressing from 2007 and it seems fine, if mastered a little on the quiet side

This is the 120 g version from 2011

The biggest issue I have with this pressing is that there is a big break between get me away from here I'm dying and if you're feeling sinister, which really ruins the songs for me

• 1 month later...

email from Matador:

Hi Everyone,
We've started to receive our Belle and Sebastian LPs and will begin shipping them shortly. Unfortunately there are some audio issues with Push Barman and Boy With The Arab Strap that require those two titles to be repressed, we'll probably have those in early November. We will still be shipping all other titles with your orders to arrive around October 7th, sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.