Ferguson, and other issues

yeah, that was really good last night

http://thinkprogress.org/education/2015/06/24/3673587/teach-history-slavery-south-carolina/

this kinda blows my mind.  I mean, I know what my wife teaches to her students, hell, she's even made them go a day without shoes every year to understand what its like to have nothing, but its always kind of nuts to read about the social studies/history curriculum in other states.

"Investigators have said that there has been no evidence these were hate crimes, nor that they were linked. Two of them may have been the result of arson."

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not even touching the subject on mine.  I read yours.  If you think about it this way, I only really counted a few of your friends actually in defense of keeping it up, OR, supporting it in general, while being outnumbered with the view of which you and I agree.  That's a good thing, imo.  Yes, it's not zero, but if the number of keeps getting smaller, then it will eventually, with pressure and hopefully common sense, dissolve.  History has it's place.  Museums and Libraries.  

This election next year will be showing a lot of true colors.  

Will Smith

:P

• 2 weeks later...

I'm actually really confused as to why the cop behaved the way he did, did the guy have a gun in the car? I didn't see any sort of reason for the cop to freak out and shoot him. Honestly, the way the cop acted about his license was completely ridiculous. I've been pulled over before where the cop said that I blew past a stop sign about a mile back (I didn't) and I told him that I'm sorry if I did but I don't recall doing so. He asked for my license and I said that I left my wallet at my apartment but I could provide my SSN for him to check, he took the number and said he's be right back.. Came back, said he's not going to give me a ticket (I didn't do anything to get one anyway), and thanked me for being respectful.

My girlfriend was pulled over a few years ago and given a similar explanation, the cop said "This car is registered to a 50 year old woman" obviously the woman happened to be her mother.. since when is driving someone else's car (provided it's not reported as stolen) a reason to be pulled over? Also, not having your license shouldn't be an issue either when they can identify you through other means.

I'm actually really confused as to why the cop behaved the way he did, did the guy have a gun in the car? I didn't see any sort of reason for the cop to freak out and shoot him. Honestly, the way the cop acted about his license was completely ridiculous. I've been pulled over before where the cop said that I blew past a stop sign about a mile back (I didn't) and I told him that I'm sorry if I did but I don't recall doing so. He asked for my license and I said that I left my wallet at my apartment but I could provide my SSN for him to check, he took the number and said he's be right back.. Came back, said he's not going to give me a ticket (I didn't do anything to get one anyway), and thanked me for being respectful.

My girlfriend was pulled over a few years ago and given a similar explanation, the cop said "This car is registered to a 50 year old woman" obviously the woman happened to be her mother.. since when is driving someone else's car (provided it's not reported as stolen) a reason to be pulled over? Also, not having your license shouldn't be an issue either when they can identify you through other means.

He was pulled over for DWB.

You weren't harassed because you're not black.

He was pulled over for DWB.

You weren't harassed because you're not black.

I wasn't attempting to compare any harassment in this case with the lack there of in the particular situation I described above. I was more or less trying to figure out why the cop freaked out in the last few moments, while also stating that this cop handled every aspect of this situation up to that point extremely poorly. After reviewing the video again, it's clear that the deceased went to try and start his car toward the end, seemingly to run, which was obviously a stupid decision. Still, this is absolutely no reason to pull out your gun and shoot the guy in the head.