Ferguson, and other issues

This was a bizarre verdict. The judge seemed to imply the cop was guilty of murder, which he was never charged with, but the lesser charges the prosecution brought weren't consistent with his actions and so he must acquit.

Who knows, maybe he was trying to save face, but that is some weird shit.

Man, watching firemen set up a hose to put out a burning building and then watching "protesters" cut holes in it?

That's one of any number of fucked up things with this situation.

that happened within a minute of me turning on cnn- what an incredible moment to capture on live television.

shortly after that situation, they interviewed a woman who deserves a damn medal, if for no other reason than just staying level headed with the few that were roaming with her.

has anyone seen the photos from inside the 711? just a bunch of people gleefully stripping the shelves of fucking candy, with big smiles on their faces. but nothing, nothing, nothing was worse than this-

ZrQuWod.jpg

bitch, i don't think that means what you think it means

edit- holy shit, i didn't realize these pictures were altered. when you see it...

that happened within a minute of me turning on cnn- what an incredible moment to capture on live television.

shortly after that situation, they interviewed a woman who deserves a damn medal, if for no other reason than just staying level headed with the few that were roaming with her.

has anyone seen the photos from inside the 711? just a bunch of people gleefully stripping the shelves of fucking candy, with big smiles on their faces. but nothing, nothing, nothing was worse than this-

ZrQuWod.jpg

bitch, i don't think that means what you think it means

edit- holy shit, i didn't realize these pictures were altered. when you see it...

Hahahaha

this whole situation sucks, from the words being used to describe people rioting to what the rioters are doing to why this is happening in the first place. its always a step forward then 3 steps back. I loved the video of the mom beating her son on camera after finding out his participation in it.

Wait, all of those happened in Baltimore?

Yes, over the last few years. However, I will say that the image is misleading at best. I'm not saying that any of these men deserved to die, but at least be accurate and clear with facts, otherwise you're really doing no better than any media outlet pushing an agenda.

• 1 month later...

are we just exhausted at this point? is that why there's no conversation in here.. because it just feels that fucking futile?

i've spared myself any details beyond the bare minimum. i watched jon stewart's offering, and read into larry wilmore's.

tonight, i was lucky enough to even briefly see one of my best friends from home. it was also the first time he's ever even slightly opened up about race relations, saying how bad it hurt to hear fox news try to spin it as an attack on faith.

i can see the pain in some of my co-workers' faces... it's deeper than anything i saw during the garner and brown unrest.

i have july 4th weekend off. just like i do every year, because it's always been the most fun holiday, and it's one of my favorite days of the year.

but i suddenly imagine difficulty in wrapping myself in stars and stripes and puking my brains out with fireworks in the distance.

i know this is ripe for teenageeric jokes, but i instead find myself inspired to organize a peaceful protest of july 4th during public celebrations. as long as the confederate flag flies, old glory doesn't deserve to be celebrated.