Softspeak Records 7" Split Series (Frameworks, Saddest Landscape ect)

JRHews

Interesting. It was switched up after the 1st or 2nd release due to turnaround time. I thought 2 of the 4 were at different plants, so that'd be weird if just one was a slightly different coke bottle color, but it sounds like something else. Curious to see it

Now that I've looked at it in normal light, the first two are from a different plant. The colors are different and the center labels are smaller. I prefer the second two because the color is more bright and actually looks like coke bottle clear. Who knows.

I'm working on taking a picture now.

Here ya go. There's a noticeable difference in color between the first and second releases. The last two are almost identical. You can see the purple streak in the SN/RH. You can kinda see the green/yellow one too. It's on the bottom near the label. Overall, it's pretty great. I'm happy I bought it. Going to start listening to them now.

HyVXsP3.jpg?1

Ehhh thats not necessarily true.. We're converting handkerchief boxes (if you know what that is) into the record boxes and then corey is doing some cool art for them - then we're going to shrink wrap them. Theres bound to be people who dont like the DIY aspect of the box set, so we'll also be including the individual jackets for each release. Really the whole point of the box set was just to get the most limited variant. 

This Frameworks release by far has the nicest package for anything from the series, which is why we needed to bump up the cost $.50. Has Full color gatefold with a really pretty double sided insert. Very proud of this one. 

Quote from earlier. They couldn't just choose the size of the boxes.

About the box situation, I tried to be as upfront about the jackets not fitting in the boxes as I could be. To be honest, when I ordered the boxes after literally scouring the internet for hours on end, I did assume that the jackets would fit. 

Low and behold, $300 later, 100 boxes show up at my door and they're legitimately 2mm too small to hold the jackets. I figured placing the records directly in the box with download codes and inserts (where applicable) was the next best option. I hope some of you kind of like it. Corey came through in the clutch and designed the perfect stickers for the front and back, which luckily fit like a glove. 

At the end of the day, I hope some of you like it since it took me forever to assemble these in my bedroom. If you hate it... I'm sorry. Hopefully my inclusion of the jackets makes up for it. 

If any of you feel cheated that you spent an extra $4 for the box set and arent happy with it, please send an email to [email protected] and we can figure something out. 

Thanks for supporting so many great charities with the purchase of this product. If you dont have this in your hands yet, you should any day - they have all shipped. 

As for the different coloring of the records. We work closely with 2 different pressing plants depending on the job. Due to the turn around time of the last two records - we used another plan that allowed a "rush" service for us. That explains the slightly different tints. 

-Michael / Soft Speak Records

About the box situation, I tried to be as upfront about the jackets not fitting in the boxes as I could be. To be honest, when I ordered the boxes after literally scouring the internet for hours on end, I did assume that the jackets would fit.

Low and behold, $300 later, 100 boxes show up at my door and they're legitimately 2mm too small to hold the jackets. I figured placing the records directly in the box with download codes and inserts (where applicable) was the next best option. I hope some of you kind of like it. Corey came through in the clutch and designed the perfect stickers for the front and back, which luckily fit like a glove.

At the end of the day, I hope some of you like it since it took me forever to assemble these in my bedroom. If you hate it... I'm sorry. Hopefully my inclusion of the jackets makes up for it.

If any of you feel cheated that you spent an extra $4 for the box set and arent happy with it, please send an email to [email protected] and we can figure something out.

Thanks for supporting so many great charities with the purchase of this product. If you dont have this in your hands yet, you should any day - they have all shipped.

As for the different coloring of the records. We work closely with 2 different pressing plants depending on the job. Due to the turn around time of the last two records - we used another plan that allowed a "rush" service for us. That explains the slightly different tints.

-Michael / Soft Speak Records

THERES NO SHRINK WRAP YOU LIAR I WANT A REFUND!!!

(Sarcasm in case anyone can't tell :P )