VC's 30 Days of Fright! Film Festival 2 (2015)

But my original pick was Prom Night II: Hello Mary Lou which is one of my favorite slasher movies of all time (next to Nightmare On Elm Street and Friday The 13th part 4...seriously check it out if you can...its amazing and gets written off because people think its a sequel but it really has nothing to do with the original (which I think is overrated anyway)

Agreed. And the first Prom Night, yikes. Seen it probly 5 times, each time hoping it will get better. It never does.

Phantasm is one of my favorites....

The Tall Man is up there with Freddy Kruger as one of my favorite villains of all time...still need to see the sequels...

Just a heads up, I gave an alternate version for my second pick (which was House On Haunted Hill ) and was used for this because it is streaming on Netflix....great fucking movie too...

But my original pick was Prom Night II: Hello Mary Lou which is one of my favorite slasher movies of all time (next to Nightmare On Elm Street and Friday The 13th part 4...seriously check it out if you can...its amazing and gets written off because people think its a sequel but it really has nothing to do with the original (which I think is overrated anyway)

I will be checking out the sequels as well. I'd never seen Phantasm and I really liked it. My favorite Pick so far. 

Watched "The Fog" for the first time last night. Ghost Pirates looked awesome!

So Boils and Ghouls it's finally Friday and tonight's a pick from your's truly!

It's called The Innocents and I'm sorry I picked an old black and white movie, but I promise you it is worth watching. Guillermo Del Toro named it as one of his favorite horror films of all time and for an old tale it is truly spooky. This is good one to watch with your significant other with the lights all low. I'll be interested to hear what you guys think. 

It's available to rent at the usual places and It's on youtube as well: 

Ok, I'm pretty much caught up. CHUD was a damn satisfying monster movie. I didn't really get into From A Whisper, I appreciated it for what it was but none of the stories really creeped me out too much. V/H/S is a favorite though, especially cause that Emily broad (insert heavy breathing here).

Today I read two fun things:

Taxi Driver was shut down for an R rating from the MPAA, so they kept sending back the same movie over-and-over ONLY changing the saturation of blood in the film. The board overseeing the film had seen the same violence so many times that they became desensitized to it and let it slip with an R rating. 

Last House on the Left was asked to cut out so much that it condensed the movie into 60 minutes. The director didn't want to do that, so he stole Official MPAA R rating footage from a movie being edited in the same building, put it in the beginning, and released the film. No one knew it was actually an unrated film until years later when he talked about it in an interview.

Those are two of my favorite bits of trivia ever. Back in high school every year when we would get the research paper assignment I would do censorship in film. I included those bits in all three papers.

Years later I was like "Why did I write three different papers on the same topic instead of just recycling the first paper?" before writing a fourth one for a college course.

This thread should not be falling off the first page. Hadn't watched Ft13th 3 in forever. The hand walking death is one of my favorites of the series. Too bad I can't watch it in 3D.

Friday the 13th part 3 rules. That & part 4 are my faves.

Tried watching the 3d version on dvd & it just gave me a headache.

Watching it again, I feel like part three is the text book 80's teen slasher. All the things that became so cliche are in this movie. Now I just want to marathon through the whole series. I vaguely remember 5 being my favorite, though that may be based solely on boobs.

The best thing about 3 is that he gets the hockey mask. That and the harpoon kill. The worst one of the paramount run IMO is the one with the troubled teen camp. 

Yeah 5 is the worst of the Paramount ones. Even then it's still kinda fun.

I hold a special place in my heart for Jason Takes Manhattan...its not great by any means,but putting Jason in New York is so weird that it actually works...

My favorite is the 4th...it doesn't get any better than Crispin Glover's dance scene...

So many quotable moments in that movie...every time I get my wife a glass of wine I always go "Hey Teeeed! Where's The Corkscrew!!

When we go swimming..."We have no suits"

Dude is a fucking genius 

7th is the worst...but Jason goes to hell is a completely worthless and almost unwatchable film...just bad all around...

I hold a special place in my heart for Jason Takes Manhattan...its not great by any means,but putting Jason in New York is so weird that it actually works...

My favorite is the 4th...it doesn't get any better than Crispin Glover's dance scene...

So many quotable moments in that movie...every time I get my wife a glass of wine I always go "Hey Teeeed! Where's The Corkscrew!!

When we go swimming..."We have no suits"

Dude is a fucking genius 

7th is the worst...but Jason goes to hell is a completely worthless and almost unwatchable film...just bad all around...

Agree. Sometime I think If done correctly a movie about a city or town running a simulation or something with like Jason, Myers, Chucky, ect chasing them around would rule, do a whole slasher universe things.

I forget which Friday but one of the best lines:

"What's going on?"

"Jason fucking Voorhees, that's what's going on!"

I've been a lazy ass Crypt Keeper as of late eh Boils and Ghouls? Some might say I'm wasting away! (*Laughs)

We've seen a few good scares too! 

V/H/S brought us 3x the terror on saturday and it has to be returned to blockbuster!

Lovely Molly showed us marriage can be pointy. 

Friday the 13th brought us some classic crystal lake terror. Jason played good defense out there. 

Bubba Ho-Tep because the king must still be hailed baby!

and tonights film Found is brought to us by Jimmy. It is on Google, Vudu, and Amazon.