PO Now: Somos / Sorority Noise split 7" via Bad Timing Records

below.

Exactly. I fear for Somos's music much the same as I did for Have Mercy after they left TSR for No Sleep. Now I can't stand their new music, sounds nothing like what they made with TSR. There has to be a direct correlation and I think it might be the same for Somos.

Yea have mercy isn't on no sleep. Ive never seen no sleep causing their artists to change sound. I think it is a great fit for Somos.

below.

Exactly. I fear for Somos's music much the same as I did for Have Mercy after they left TSR for No Sleep. Now I can't stand their new music, sounds nothing like what they made with TSR. There has to be a direct correlation and I think it might be the same for Somos. 

Do you really think there HAS to be a direct correlation? Like, are you kidding? Everyone's entitled to an opinion but this is just wrong.

I really love Tiny Engines, but I doesn't really bother me that Somos moves on to No Sleep, as long as they continue to put out awesome music. But now that I think of it, isn't it crazy how many bands just put out one record via TE and then get signed somewhere else? Only ones to put out a second record on TE are Dikembe and Signals Midwest, right?

It's the same thing with Asian Man. I want every band I love to stay on Asian Man forever, but I know Mike actively encourages bands to seek out bigger opportunities as they grow - Joyce Manor, Andrew Jackson Jihad, Jeff Rosenstock, etc. At a certain point bands hit a ceiling, then move to a bigger label that has more resources to further boost them. Does it suck when I see great bands jump ship super early from a label I love? Yes. But I can't see it being a bad move - look at Restorations. I can't speak for Tiny Engines and what their plans are for their label and the bands on their label, but I can't see there being much bad blood. Maybe I'm way off base... tl;dr I love Tiny Engines.

All it means is more room for other great bands.

I agree with the above post. When I worked at Paper + Plastick, Vinnie was always very encouraging of bands who wanted to move up in label size...as long as they weren't making a "lateral move" we never had a problem with it. We put out Dave Hause, Cheap Girls, Make Do And Mend, etc, all those three signed to Rise Records, and we were happy for all of them. 

Sorta just the way it works out, especially if you're signing bands to short-term deals. 

I agree with the above post. When I worked at Paper + Plastick, Vinnie was always very encouraging of bands who wanted to move up in label size...as long as they weren't making a "lateral move" we never had a problem with it. We put out Dave Hause, Cheap Girls, Make Do And Mend, etc, all those three signed to Rise Records, and we were happy for all of them. 

Sorta just the way it works out, especially if you're signing bands to short-term deals. 

There's a similar situation with Red Scare as well it seems. Man, what ever happened to MDAM?

I understand the idea of labels helping boost bands to better opportunities, and sometimes signing to different labels that can give them that. I just think they were one of Tiny Engines new bands and didn't stick around that long, and TE deserves more attention from bands like that. Also, I feel like it's kinda weird when a band (little big league) leaves a label like TE to go to RFC, when it's in the same community/common fan base, and sometimes a comparable record deal. Or when a band leaves No Sleep for RFC (adventures) - which some might say is a downgrade. I love all the labels mentioned and don't know each labels exact budget, but someone leaving Kind Of Like Records for Triple Crown (tiny moving parts) definitely makes more sense to me.

Anyway, go No Sleep and Somos. And Tiny Engines for putting out their awesome record.

I understand the idea of labels helping boost bands to better opportunities, and sometimes signing to different labels that can give them that. I just think they were one of Tiny Engines new bands and didn't stick around that long, and TE deserves more attention from bands like that. Also, I feel like it's kinda weird when a band (little big league) leaves a label like TE to go to RFC, when it's in the same community/common fan base, and sometimes a comparable record deal. Or when a band leaves No Sleep for RFC (adventures) - which some might say is a downgrade. I love all the labels mentioned and don't know each labels exact budget, but someone leaving Kind Of Like Records for Triple Crown (tiny moving parts) definitely makes more sense to me.

Anyway, go No Sleep and Somos. And Tiny Engines for putting out their awesome record.

I think there's a lot you're not taking into account / aren't aware of in these situations.

I think there's a lot you're not taking into account / aren't aware of in these situations.

I don't know all of the biz for each label/band/personal situation, I just meant I don't understand the label hopping when it's bands/labels that already are in the same "community" if you will. But yeah... I'm sure there's more reasons that I'm not aware of. It's just off putting when someone says "they'll be way better off on so and so's label" when the band was basically on a label that is on or near the same level as the one they decided to switch to.