PO NOW: Kevin Devine - "She Can See Me" 7-inch

Bad Timing Records is honored and ecstatic to kick off a new partnership with Kevin Devine and Favorite Gentlemen Recordings today by announcing the release of the She Can See Me 7" single on November 4. It's available now for preorder and will ship right around, probably a bit before, the release date. The song "She Can See Me" is the only track that Kevin recorded twice, one version for Bulldozer and one for Bubblegum

Kevin will also be playing an intimate NYC show on November 3 at The Hi-Fi to celebrate the release. Tickets are $20 and they come with a copy of the 7" that I'll be handing out at the door myself! 

Pre-order the 7": http://badtimingrecords.limitedrun.com/products/535021

Pre-order 7" + show ticket: http://www.ticketfly.com/purchase/event/704697

The 7" is housed in what we're calling a double-A-side jacket. Basically the art on the B-side is flipped upside down, so no matter what side of the jacket you're looking at, as long as you're holding the art right-side-up, you'll have the 7" popping out of the right. Like two front covers! I think it's cool. 

Both covers and the show admat below!

kevin%20devine%20both%20covers.jpg

UlNtWZ8.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

last night's show was so, so, so wonderful. it had been far too long since i'd seen him play, excluding the bad books performance i last saw.

but i am finally willing to admit that in my ranks of favorite artists, that he and his music are superior to brand new. and that's just how it is. i don't know if there is anyone else out there right now who can put on a better show with nothing more than a voice and an acoustic guitar.

there was also a mid-show proposal last night, which he followed with you are the daybreak. it was lovely.

but as far as the 7"... i got 2 light blue copies walking in the door. he was kind enough to trade me one for a dark blue. got home to check it out, and he just gave me another light blue. dammit.

so would anyone be willing to trade?

People were getting 7"s handed to them as they walked in, so if you walked in with someone else, odds are high that you both got the same color. Because they were just being handed out of a box haha. People seemed to be very confused by that. 

As for the trade-in at the merch table, that was likely just an honest mistake. Sorry about that!

yeah, i brought a lady friend under the condition that i got to keep both haha

but yeah, absolutely a mistake. kevin was happy to trade with me, and handed off a sealed copy that we each just assumed was the night version.

• 2 months later...