The Original Cassette Collective Thread

Okay, picture this:

Acoustic compilation where each band cover's another band's song. Kinda like the Glamour Kills Tour Comp except acoustic. It wouldn't have to be anything fancy. I was thinking maybe 4-8 bands. Preferably an even number so it could be even on both sides.

It would be called "Under the Covers". The artwork would be of a bed or something like that. Maybe a dark blue cassette color. Acoustic songs are really nice when you're lying in bed falling asleep under your covers. You get the idea. And dark blue for the night sky. 

My only problem is getting bands involved.

Okay, picture this:

Acoustic compilation where each band cover's another band's song. Kinda like the Glamour Kills Tour Comp except acoustic. It wouldn't have to be anything fancy. I was thinking maybe 4-8 bands. Preferably an even number so it could be even on both sides.

It would be called "Under the Covers". The artwork would be of a bed or something like that. Maybe a dark blue cassette color. Acoustic songs are really nice when you're lying in bed falling asleep under your covers. You get the idea. And dark blue for the night sky. 

Corey Purvis does sick art, if you get this going, have him do it.

Okay, picture this:

I back this 1000000000%

Yeah I back that totally. If you ever wanna do a joint release I can probably get a couple of my artists to cover some of your artists or vice versa :)

I considered having them do covers of each other before actually, but in the end I figured it'd be easier to ask them to just cover artists they enjoy as bonus tracks. But the idea of artists setting out to cover artists they share ground with and not artists they admire/look-up-to is a really fun idea

Yeah I back that totally. If you ever wanna do a joint release I can probably get a couple of my artists to cover some of your artists or vice versa :)

That would be awesome! I think I'm going to send out a message to a few different bands and see if any reply. Hopefully try and get this ball rolling. I'm glad y'all like the idea!

UPDATE: A few bands have replied. Still waiting to hear back from a couple others. Hoping to start putting this together sometime next week. I contacted dkrtz about this so hopefully some of his bands will want to participate.

Been listening to Matthew Akers all morning. 

Dude has released some of the best tapes of the year!

listen/buy here: https://matthewakers.bandcamp.com/merch

I was just going to post that here!  I got Bayern in the mail earlier this week and have been really digging it.

new 905 Tapes...

http://905store.blogspot.com/

905.184: Charles Barabé ‘Stigmates’ C50

Edition of 75 copies

a1993777495_2.jpg

905.185: Millions ‘The Message’ C24

Edition of 75 copies

a3198758199_2.jpg

905.186: Joe Bastardo & Howard Stelzer ‘At Ease’ C56

Edition of 75 copies

a0825039158_2.jpg

905.187: German Army ‘Pennantia’ C24

Edition of 75 copies

a0369909465_2.jpg

Yeah I definitely dont wanna leave haha. But I wanna keep using my actual account if possible.

What'd you need to message me about though? Send me a message to this account with your fb url or something so we can keep chat if ever need be (id give you mine but I dont think its possible to find on mobile or im just dumb)