The Original Cassette Collective Thread

Hey Brian!

When should I expect my first shipment of tapes? ;)

the day i was getting everything ready to go in split up orders, the guy told me two and a half weeks, and i'd have the rest of the releases, and that was like a week and half ago, so we're getting so close to having all releases in hand to then get out to you all at the same time!

Yeah grabbed those and the Sequences tape.

Did you listen to any of those Choker songs?  15$ is expensive, even with the elaborate packaging, but those songs sold me.  I wish there were some streams of the Lotus Legs tapes.  I might just blind buy one or two, I have enough faith in CSR that I'll probably dig it.

the day i was getting everything ready to go in split up orders, the guy told me two and a half weeks, and i'd have the rest of the releases, and that was like a week and half ago, so we're getting so close to having all releases in hand to then get out to you all at the same time!

This is great news!

yes! buy all my tapes please, they are all awesome - www.fleshandbone-records.com / www.fleshandbonerecords.storenvy.com

Wolves&Wolves&Wolves&Wolves and Wish List are definitely more up my alley (think you'll get more copies of the former?), although I really dig Vasudeva. I saw on your Facebook you're looking at other bands, you should really check out PKEW PKEW PKEW (gunshots) http://pkewx3.tumblr.com from Canada. They don't get enough love in the states and kind of mix what some of your faster/harder bands are doing with that Burger Records/Diarrhea Planet sound. If you're looking to branch out your genres a bit there's phenomenal hiphop outfit from Kansas called Live! From The Basement that would be a perfect fit for the 'cassette format' http://livefromthis.com

Hey all, I'm new here - had to join once I saw this thread! I'm slowly reading through the whole thing (on page 30 or so right now) but I couldn't resist jumping in.

Here's (most) of my current collection:
6jWjf9K.jpg
oFvSOhf.jpg
YmZDWZ3.jpg

It used to be a much larger collection but I've had to let some things go over the years through moves and needing to sell off some things.

Most I've ever paid for a tape was probably $25 each for Wooden Wand's Harem of the Sundrum.

My favorite labels going right now are:
Winebox Press - largely electro-acoustic improv/avant-folk in beautiful handmade wooden packaging. Recently released a killer 4 tape boxset of field recordings from the Caucaus people. Outta the UK and the boxes are heavy so can be a bit pricey, unfortunately. Totally worth it, though.
http://thewholevoyald.blogspot.com/

Ambivalent Soap - noise, Fahey-style guitar, etc. Currently only available through distro occasionally (Tomentosa) or the artists because the guy that runs it mostly just gives everything away to friends. Full disclosure: he's releasing a tape of mine soon.
http://www.ambivalentsoap.com/

And even though I just found out about it today, I'm really psyched about Astral Spirits outta Texas bringing the modern jazz world to cassettes. The Icepick tape (Nate Wooley, Chris Corsano, Ingebrigt Haker-Flaten) sounds bonkers. Can't wait for my package to arrive.
http://monofonuspress.com/astral-spirits

Lastly, I started a label back in '09 called Cabin Floor Esoterica. Music is typically of the "strange" variety. I only have one tape in stock right now (and only a few copies left) but it's a real killer collaboration between guitarist Tashi Dorji (whose debut LP was the inagural edition on Ben Chasny's Hermit Hut) and bassist Frank Meadows. Currently working on a massive 5 tape boxset covering the complete recordings of Steven R. Smith's Hala Strana project. Anyway, you can check things out at the links in my signature.

My most recent additions...

photo2-1.jpg

Charles Barabé ‎– Adieu Fantôme (((Cave)) Recordings, /50)

Ala Vjiior - Detours & Details (((Cave)) Recordings, /50)

Cenote Glow - Musa Paradisiaca (Tranquility Tapes, /100)

Charles Barabé - Dates & Confessions (Tranquility Tapes, /100)

Roadside Picnic & Charles Barabé ‎– Worn Paths In Crown Dust (A Giant Fern, /50)

øjeRum ‎– There Is A Flaw In My Iris (A Giant Fern, /50) *possibly the best cassette release of the year!

øjeRum ‎- Bless This Absence (self-released, #2/8)

øjeRum ‎- Sort (self-released, #11/20)

photo3.jpg

Wretched Worst - Sickening Ship (Rampart Tapes) *Been looking for this tape for years! Only Wretched Worst release I didn't have.

Roan Linden - Residential Services (Golden Cloud Tapes)

Sleep Museum - The Vitrine Of Blindness (Golden Cloud Tapes)

Ames Sanglantes - Defects Of A Crystal Lattice (Los Discos Enfantasmes, /120)

Mike Simonetti - At The Juncture Of Dark And Light Vol.3 (Opal Tapes)

Matthew Akers - Bayern (Musica Originale, /100)

photo31.jpg

V/A - The Stomp-I-Lation (Stupid Records)(Boston Strangler, Waste Management, Peacebreakers)

Mind Eraser - Legacy Of Brutality (Painkiller, /500)

Mammoth Grinder - Cosmic Crypt (Can O' Bees)

Sete Star Sept / Surgical Renaissance (Moon Machination, /100)

Sete Star Sept / Two Million Tons Of Shit - Noisecore Split (Blow The Reactors/All Dead Tapes)

Sete Star Sept / Brain Corrosion - Split (Rottenpyosis, #37/100)

My most recent additions...

photo2-1.jpg

Charles Barabé ‎– Adieu Fantôme (((Cave)) Recordings, /50)

Ala Vjiior - Detours & Details (((Cave)) Recordings, /50)

Cenote Glow - Musa Paradisiaca (Tranquility Tapes, /100)

Charles Barabé - Dates & Confessions (Tranquility Tapes, /100)

Roadside Picnic & Charles Barabé ‎– Worn Paths In Crown Dust (A Giant Fern, /50)

øjeRum ‎– There Is A Flaw In My Iris (A Giant Fern, /50) *possibly the best cassette release of the year!

øjeRum ‎- Bless This Absence (self-released, #2/8)

øjeRum ‎- Sort (self-released, #11/20)

photo3.jpg

Wretched Worst - Sickening Ship (Rampart Tapes) *Been looking for this tape for years! Only Wretched Worst release I didn't have.

Roan Linden - Residential Services (Golden Cloud Tapes)

Sleep Museum - The Vitrine Of Blindness (Golden Cloud Tapes)

Ames Sanglantes - Defects Of A Crystal Lattice (Los Discos Enfantasmes, /120)

Mike Simonetti - At The Juncture Of Dark And Light Vol.3 (Opal Tapes)

Matthew Akers - Bayern (Musica Originale, /100)

photo31.jpg

V/A - The Stomp-I-Lation (Stupid Records)(Boston Strangler, Waste Management, Peacebreakers)

Mind Eraser - Legacy Of Brutality (Painkiller, /500)

Mammoth Grinder - Cosmic Crypt (Can O' Bees)

Sete Star Sept / Surgical Renaissance (Moon Machination, /100)

Sete Star Sept / Two Million Tons Of Shit - Noisecore Split (Blow The Reactors/All Dead Tapes)

Sete Star Sept / Brain Corrosion - Split (Rottenpyosis, #37/100)

these all look interesting.  i want to listen to all of them.

after my record store let me raid their pretty much untouched cassette store day boxes they had in the back i really got into this. Heres what i have so far but i'm ordering a couple more tomorrow and hitting up Goodwill soon.

qfIsD4Q.jpg

doesn't seem like the stuff you guys are into but maybe i can learn about some cool bands here.

after my record store let me raid their pretty much untouched cassette store day boxes they had in the back i really got into this. Heres what i have so far but i'm ordering a couple more tomorrow and hitting up Goodwill soon.

qfIsD4Q.jpg

doesn't seem like the stuff you guys are into but maybe i can learn about some cool bands here.

Ive been searching for Christmas island on cassette pretty bad. Any chance you would sell it at cost to me man? I dunno if you really dig it or if you just grabbed it with knife man and the o pioneers split