The Original Cassette Collective Thread

The record shop I frequent still had RSD copies of Frightened Rabbit / Twilight Sad demos on cassette. They had three, so I was surprised, but I'm sure the alarming $11.50 price tag is what drove people away. Still, they're hand numbered out of 777, and it's two great Scottish bands, so.

Also got the Never Young - Master Copy that was linked here some time ago in the mail. It's this nice, extra big book-sized cassette case that doesn't fit in anything - I'm sure they enlarged it so they could house the zine. It's pretty looking, but nowhere to put it.

Also copped Death Grips - Exmilitary on tape somehow, it sounds like a pro dubbing job, absolutely phenomenal.

Also got the Never Young - Master Copy that was linked here some time ago in the mail. It's this nice, extra big book-sized cassette case that doesn't fit in anything - I'm sure they enlarged it so they could house the zine. It's pretty looking, but nowhere to put it.

Also copped Death Grips - Exmilitary on tape somehow, it sounds like a pro dubbing job, absolutely phenomenal.

Never Young came in today! Neat cassette album and zine, looks like a video game case haha. Where'd you get that Death Grips tape!

Just ordered some Cremation Lily tapes this morning.

Great Power Electronics, cannot wait for them to arrive.

Unseen Force has a couple Cremation Lily tapes in his distro. Slightly cheaper for US people than ordering direct from Strange Rules.

unseenforce.bigcartel.com/

That Purity Of Essence tape and both Puce Mary tapes in the distro are also worth picking up if you are into noise/PE.

and the Sissy Spacek 7" + DVD if you like noisecore! (one of my favorite 7"s to come out this year)

Never Young came in today! Neat cassette album and zine, looks like a video game case haha. Where'd you get that Death Grips tape!

Some guy was selling both the LP and the tape together on ebay. I spent too much, slightly due to a misunderstanding on my end, I don't ebay much. Still, I have something I've wanted for a while, I'll just be happy with it.

http://batheticrecords.com/release/dynasty-at-ghost-town/

New 11 cassette set from Bathetic. Looks like an awesome set!

features tapes by: Aquarelle, William Cody Watson, Ekin Fil, Lee Noble, Planning For Burial, Scott Tuma, M Geddes Gengras, Zac Nelson, High Aura'd, Padang Food Tigers, & Panabrite.

gif3.gif

You can also buy just the Lee Noble tape here: http://nokingsrecord.co/

10256704_1442702999318704_83248074132059

Our first two releases go up for pre-order TOMORROW AT NOON! They are both $5 a piece, and are full of special goodies. Sky Flying By comes with an 8 page zine with song explanations, while Other Minds comes with a bird feather to go along with the cover. Sky Flying By is /50 black/silver swirl tapes, and Other Minds is /25 transparent blue/pink swirl tapes. The stream of the entire Other Minds album also goes up tomorrow at noon at www.fleshandbone.bandcamp.com .  All releases will come with a digital download card and a free flesh and bone records sticker. You'll be able to pre-order these at www.fleshandbonerecords.storenvy.com only!

I know, right? I guess it's off topic but...

Everytime I hear of a dope new artist I type their name in fb to see if they have a page I can 'like' so I can remember/come back later, or just get cool shit in my feed. If they don't have a page I just list their name in a txt doc.

The Juxtapoze Magazine page has been pretty solid for new artists I've never heard of before.

Would you be able to share the name of the artists here? I'm interested to know and I'm sure other people who did it would be interested as well. Plus free promo for artists in question.

Thanks!

http://batheticrecords.com/release/dynasty-at-ghost-town/

New 11 cassette set from Bathetic. Looks like an awesome set!

features tapes by: Aquarelle, William Cody Watson, Ekin Fil, Lee Noble, Planning For Burial, Scott Tuma, M Geddes Gengras, Zac Nelson, High Aura'd, Padang Food Tigers, & Panabrite.