PO: Dr Dog - Live At A Flamingo Hotel (2LP & Digital)

DC1221

1507106_10152941312106171_87903518160269

Pre-order digital on iTunes or Amazon now.

Pre-order vinyl on Amazon now: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QG15M5U/

Pre-order through Dr Dog's website available on Dedcember 9.

Dr. Dog releases the first ever bottling of the band's effervescent live shows, Live at a Flamingo Hotel via Anti-. Culled from the band's 2014 North American tour, the songs here cover all of Dr. Dog's seven studio albums, ranging over a decade of material. Says bassist/vocalist Toby Leaman, "We're one thing on a record and a different thing live. We've always built our fans through the live show. Somebody goes to a Dr. Dog show and hopefully comes again and brings somebody with them. We see it build in a town by coming back several times. Our live show is vital to how we view ourselves as a band." The collection serves essentially as a Dr. Dog greatest hits, with a running time nearly equal to a live set and longer than what will fit on a traditional CD, as the album will see only a digital and four-sided vinyl release. From hits like "Shadow People" and "Lonesome" to live staples like "County Line," "The Rabbit, the Bat and the Reindeer," and "Ain't It Strange," this is Dr. Dog as god intended.

• 5 weeks later...

Yeah. It's actually one of Dr. Dog's most popular songs too, or at least it was Pandora's favorite song to play no matter what genre channel you selected. They also play it at almost every live show.

This is on my porch according to my text from Amazon. Stoked.

Damnit. Amazon hates me. I've got Amazon Prime, I pre-ordered this back in December, and I just got a text saying I won't get it until Thursday. I should have just bit the bullet, spent $2 more, and gotten in at my local shop today. Being a citizen of Philadelphia, I'm sure there are plenty of copies around.

I got into them thanks to my girlfriend and the first song I got hooked on was old black hole from be the void. So be the void was all I listened to for a while.

Then I got into fate after I saw them live. And I tried listening to shame shame and we all belong but I found them a bit boring.

Then b room came out and it was pretty mediocre and disappointing and, suddenly, I realized that I actually love Shame, Shame and We All Belong and that I was just a fool the entire time before.

Shame, Shame/Fate

We All Belong

Be the Void

B-Room

Toothbrush/old old demo pre-full time band stuff