PO: Lightning Bolt - Fantasy Empire

I'm not even 100% what the proper release date is. Seems like most indie stores would have them at this point. The copy I ordered from one happened to show up yesterday, and it was indeed the "indie" blue-pink-white. Feeling so grateful for it; the variant, packaging, and music are all off the charts.

As a sidebar, this album has set me into such a Lightning Bolt kick. I've been revisiting their entire discography with much enjoyment, and already feel compelled to run through it again. Got that noise-rock itch. Bad. Anyone have any other noisy / mathy recommendations outside of Hella? I haven't encountered too many groups that resemble Lightning Bolt.

As a sidebar, this album has set me into such a Lightning Bolt kick. I've been revisiting their entire discography with much enjoyment, and already feel compelled to run through it again. Got that noise-rock itch. Bad. Anyone have any other noisy / mathy recommendations outside of Hella? I haven't encountered too many groups that resemble Lightning Bolt.

Lightning Bolt has a pretty great discography really and as much as I love Hella, LB is my favorite two piece band (in this sphere of music). As far as recs go, I'd highly advise Daughters if you haven't already. Lots of substance behind their music.

Lightning Bolt has a pretty great discography really and as much as I love Hella, LB is my favorite two piece band (in this sphere of music). As far as recs go, I'd highly advise Daughters if you haven't already. Lots of substance behind their music.

Daughters sound completely different imo but yeah, seriously one of the best bands I have ever heard. Love Daughters soo much.

Just got my pink/blue/white last night looks beautiful!!!! Can't wait for their tour soon!

Daughters is from providence and so is LB thats about all they have in common. I love Daughters too but pleeeeeease check out their older band As The Sun Sets, way more thrashy metal/hardcore but thats why I like earlier Daughters. The singer also has a new band Fucking Invincible and they are great!!! 

• 2 weeks later...