New Brandon Flowers - The Desired Effect

I'm really liking the feel of those previews so far. I've actually been to the mine and area where they filmed all these promos. Pretty excited for this.

Oh wow did you go there because of the video or randomly? Pretty cool either way!

I like the song, but not as much as i liked crossfire when i first heard it...or runaways. But I love the fact that he continued that 80s style from battle born and shot at the night, hope the record does that as well. I guess 'can't deny my love' has to grow on me a little bit...but thats okay, looking forward to the album!

Oh wow did you go there because of the video or randomly? Pretty cool either way!

Randomly not too long ago. I read it was shot at Calico ghost town which is a pretty popular tourist spot in the CA desert and a few of the spots in the preview are very recognizable. 

CDML is excellent although I agree that its not the same as Crossfire, about the same as Runaways to me. The amount I like that backing choir on the chorus surprised me!

Reminds me of the Day and Age album (my favorite).

You might be the only person who likes that one the best... Not trying to be mean, I just really don't know anyone who prefers D&A to the first two albums.

The new song is awesome.  I thought Flamingo sounded too much like Killers b-sides that weren't good enough to be on their albums. It was just kinda boring... but taking things in a different direction like Can't Deny My Love is refreshing. I'm excited to hear the rest.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I haven't preordered yet, so i'm affraid i personally can't help you on that :/ german amazon also says that the vinyl is coming out one month later than the official release...i hope thats just a mistake or something...

But while we wait, here's the third single!!
That's the one i've been waiting for, just fucking awesome...love the style

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jcZ-0o53md8

Germany: http://www.musikexpress.de/videos/clips/article724608/brandon-flowers-neues-video-zum-song-lonely-town.html

I think it's just the music he likes to make and listens to in his private life.

The killers always had some kind of 80s vibe to them. Hot Fuss, Read my mind (not all of sams town)...day and age a little bit...and recently battle born...so after they released "shot at the night" it was pretty clear that his next solo thing would be heavy on the 80 side as well...and propably even more than ever before.

But I know lots of people don't like that kind of stuff...at least not when its made today...i persoanlly love it

Heres the fourth song by the way hahaha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ya9do9aZruU

He's releasing way too much beforehand in my opinion...always a little bit less to look forward to until the release date if half the songs are released beforehand

I'm choosing to deal with this "issue" by choosing not to listen to the songs as they're being released.  :)

I think it's just the music he likes to make and listens to in his private life.

The killers always had some kind of 80s vibe to them. Hot Fuss, Read my mind (not all of sams town)...day and age a little bit...and recently battle born...so after they released "shot at the night" it was pretty clear that his next solo thing would be heavy on the 80 side as well...and propably even more than ever before.

But I know lots of people don't like that kind of stuff...at least not when its made today...i persoanlly love it

That's cool, but I'm not really talking about the music. The artwork on Amazon is atrocious, and the girl video, with the cassette and everything. Ugh.

I'm choosing to deal with this "issue" by choosing not to listen to the songs as they're being released.   :)

Haha got me :P yeah..i just can't resist the temptation

That's cool, but I'm not really talking about the music. The artwork on Amazon is atrocious, and the girl video, with the cassette and everything. Ugh.

Ah thats what you ment...yeah i had to get used to the cover as well...now i don't mind it any more

And to the video...i fucking love it man, all the people on facebook complaiing about the creepiness of the end of it...i think it's pretty awesome to make this kind of music, then make this kind of video to it which is totally cliche and then give it this kind of twist at the end which lets you listen to the lyrcis more which then again fits the video and it's end perfectly.

But it's all matter of taste, i just appreciate it that he makes this whole 80s thing with 80s music + 80s artwork+videos. Just seems right i think. Maybe you'll like the record in the end and don't mind the whole artwork thing anymore

Heres the fourth song by the way hahaha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ya9do9aZruU

He's releasing way too much beforehand in my opinion...always a little bit less to look forward to until the release date if half the songs are released beforehand

Well that didn't last long..................