WTF COHEED???

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it's not always a matter of money, but surely you would think someone out there would go, "holy shits, people are getting $200 a pop for this record. maybe we could give fans what they want at little expense to ourselves and have something left over to help replace a van and trailer?"

It was after they made In Keeping Secrets that they lost me.

I have a hoodie I bought on the Second Stage tour that is very dear to me. I have been thinking about ebaying a lot of other old rare Coheed merch (comic books, what have you) to make some money for grabbing the first album on vinyl. I hate overpaying for a record, but I love that one.

Besides that, I should get rid of it all before the backlash comes full circle and the shit is all worthless again, hahaha.

Second Stage Turbine Blade is still solid no matter how much their new shit might blow.

Agreed. I was listening to it yesterday and it's amazing how much better (to me at least) they were before jumping over to Columbia...

yup I fell in love with coheed when I heard their first album second stage is amazing

It was after they made In Keeping Secrets that they lost me.

Same here. Second Stage is amazing, In Keeping Secrets was okay. Everything they have done since, I think is boring.

It still amazes me how popular they have gotten. I saw them play in a small, half empty club (about 100 people) right before In Keeping Secrets came out. The next headlining tour they were on, they were selling out much, much larger venues. Then next thing I knew, they were all over Fuse and MTV. It seems like they blew up almost overnight. I never would have guessed that this band would appeal to the mainstream audience that they do now.

I thought IKSE:3 was their best CD when I first got into them, but slowly realized that SSTB is much, much better. IKSE:3 has the poppiness and catchiness to get you hooked, but at least for me, that only lasts so long. SSTB has great songs that stay with you. Everything after bored the crap out of me, except the song Welcome Home. I love that song.

I e-mailed Equal Vision to see if they have any plans of repressing In Keeping Secrets and Second Stage and this is what I got...

Hey Matt,

Thanks for your email. We've tossed around the idea of possibly re-pressing those albums on vinyl, but nothing is 100% quite yet. Keep checking www.equalvision.com and whenever they do become available, we'll be sure to post about it.

Thanks again, Matt

Greg Sieme / Equal Vision Records

http://www.equalvision.com