Putting together my Expedite...

yeah, the baskets are great.

what type of basket did you get from Ikea?

she said they were in the same section, the ones she got at least.

They were the cheaper of 2 options they had. They are like a thick cardboard that you need to put together with makeshift rivits. They are pretty sturdy it seems.

I'm sure I've seen things at craftstores that would work and are cheaper though for sure.

...almost ruined my relationship. Ha.

I thought we were going to kill each other.

These things are a pain, but it's really nice now that's it's together.

Sorry dude, I can't agree with this. I had mine put together by myself in less time than it took to listen to "Transmit! Transmit!" from New Bruises (about 30 mins or so).

i was going to try to mount it to the wall, but since mine is the tv unit, i need some room for all my cables and all that jazz. plus i hvae baseboards so the wall mounts dont even come close to fitting. if you put the LPs and heavy shit on the bottom then it gives weight at the bottom and there really is no chance of it tipping unless you have some kids using it as a jungle gym or something.

...almost ruined my relationship. Ha.

I thought we were going to kill each other.

These things are a pain, but it's really nice now that's it's together.

Sorry dude, I can't agree with this. I had mine put together by myself in less time than it took to listen to "Transmit! Transmit!" from New Bruises (about 30 mins or so).

Part of it was a space issue as my apartment is not all that large, so open floor space is minimal.

Like I said above though, those of you that threw them together in under an hour solo I tip my hat to you.

i did it by myself..the hardest/must frusterating part is when you get toward the end and the pieces dont quite fit and you have to do adjust it just right..i felt like throwing my hammer through the whole thing

I just put mine together last Sunday and putting together about the first 3/4 is really easy then finishing it is a huge pain in the ass. Looks nice tho and now I finally have a place for all my vinyl in one spot.

Part of it was a space issue as my apartment is not all that large, so open floor space is minimal.

Like I said above though, those of you that threw them together in under an hour solo I tip my hat to you.

Just to clarify... I wasn't trying to put you down or anything, just sharing my experience. I chalk it up to the inconsistency of Ikea furniture.

Just to clarify... I wasn't trying to put you down or anything, just sharing my experience. I chalk it up to the inconsistency of Ikea furniture.

Oh, I didn't think that at all, it's cool.

Neither of us are very "build something" types either, so that was def a factor.

seriously.... I was there last month. She didnt like me buying records but got over it then she dent like how Many I had but then got over it (kinda) then I buy this and we try and put it together and BOOM! Huge explosion. I ended up on the couch that night.... Right next to my vinyl. This was of course after I put it together alone.

my roomate has one of these and its empty as shit....i want to steal it every day...

but skip the baskets..they make cabinet doors that are sweet as hell...his is a black expedit with the red cabinet doors...looks rad a fuck.

agreed, skip the baskets...they make rad cabinet doors and an insert for a two droor unit..pretty rad

you just buy either one and build it, and they slide right in

I put mine together is about 35 minutes. I do think the biggest factor was having a good amount of floor space, though. Maybe that and the fact that I had put together an Ikea bed frame of the same exact wood type about a month before. That took me about 2 hours, but again, I had a lot of space. I don't understand all of the jokes I see about how bad their directions are. I mean, lame, yes, but totally useless, no.

my roomate has one of these and its empty as shit....i want to steal it every day...

but skip the baskets..they make cabinet doors that are sweet as hell...his is a black expedit with the red cabinet doors...looks rad a fuck.

agreed, skip the baskets...they make rad cabinet doors and an insert for a two droor unit..pretty rad

you just buy either one and build it, and they slide right in

i actually just got these (black expedit, red doors/drawers) and they look amazing, great for keeping the unit looking tidy too.

the little baskets aren't that bad, one of them has all my demo tapes/cdrs in them, and another has my extra lp and 7" bags. totally good for keeping everything hidden away.

Nice. I my case they will be filled with toys, puzzles, and games for the kids.... the probably will make our house look more orderly. What are the baskets called @ Ikea? Is this it:

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/90028066

yep thats them, the 13x13x14 ones!

agreed, skip the baskets.../quote]

My wife wants them, so that means I'll be getting them. I'm not gonna push my luck, I'm glad she's on board for getting a big ass bookcase, that just happens to hold my records :)

• 2 weeks later...

So, I drove to IKEA yesterday and got a 6X6 expedit and baskets. I had never been to Ikea before and was blown away. I am glad I didn't bring my wife, I would've been so far in credit card dept and would've been there for about 8 hours. Took me about 1+/- hour to put together... looks really good with the baskets and shit, but makes my collection look really small, my wife told me I need more records.... I'll gladly oblige and buy more ;D I'll post pics in the appropriate thread in the next couple of days.

looks really good with the baskets and shit, but makes my collection look really small, my wife told me I need more records.... I'll gladly oblige and buy more

My girlfriend said the same thing to me. I told her she'll be all bills for 2 months while I make her dream come true.

I'll post pics in the appropriate thread in the next couple of days.

I'm going to snap some tonight I think.