The Devil Wears Prada - Space EP - [Summer 2015]

Curiousity peaked for sure, the Zombie EP was amazing.  I'm not a huge TDWP fan otherwise, Dead Throne was okay, the rest is a pass for me.

As an aside, listening to 20 seconds of that video convinced me that I never have to see them live.

Don't know which album is their best. I do really like Plagues and it always reminds of the first time I saw them on Warped. Also saw them when they were touring Branches.... I did really like Dead Throne though just because it felt a little heavier and the screaming was really raw. 

Grabbed the Grimace Purple of this EP.... I really dislike bundles unless reasonably priced. Rise Records is actually the worst about it. For the new The Early November record you had to pay a minimum $45 extra to get a 7" (with a bunch of other stuff I was "meh" about). So I only got the LP and will probably just wait for some guy to sell his 7" in the future. 

Was really hoping they'd go hard on this EP like Zombie.

Also wish there was more of a "theme." I think space is too vague. It wouldve been so cool if they had like a virus in space or going insane from being in space for too long. More of an eerie feeling rather than just "space." They could've made the merch so much cooler with a deeper theme like that.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

dang it seems like they may have split up the bundles and now the tri color is sold out. http://merchnow.com/catalogs/the-devil-wears-prada/music

No, they never separated the bundles. The bundles with the black and tri-color variants sold out. I bought a black bundle and saw the vinyl listed individually (saying sold out) a few days later and was pissed. Later they said the tri-color was almost sold out, and just a few days before the EP dropped the same thing happened with the "tri".

Kind of weird they still listed them individually afterwards...

No, they never separated the bundles. The bundles with the black and tri-color variants sold out. I bought a black bundle and saw the vinyl listed individually (saying sold out) a few days later and was pissed. Later they said the tri-color was almost sold out, and just a few days before the EP dropped the same thing happened with the "tri".

ah ok 

I purchased a tri color without the bundle 

• 2 weeks later...

So......Finally got mine today and all the tracks are on the A side. The B side is just TDWP logo. I haven't had a chance to listen to it yet. I was glad they were doing a 12" because I didn't feel like 10" was enough groove space for Zombie EP. Only using one side of the 12" will probably be worse. Oh well. Wasn't blown away by the actual songs anyways.