Gaslight Anthem Senor & queen 10" out now

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hands down folks...NO ONE is forcing you to buy that Gaslight 10inch...if its to expensive or you feel uncomfortable adding another 90 cents for the fees so that the label dude can actually make a living off his records then simply don´t buy it....damn...

Well actually its a buck and some change since he's in euros not in dolalrs. And I was speaking as someone in the EXACT SAME position as he is.

its against paypals terms of service to charge your customers more for using the service.

Nearly every private seller does so, though. Even if they don't explicitly say "add 3% for PayPal" most people build the fees into their asking price for whatever they're offering.

Personally, I think it's tacky to advertise something for sale at $XXX and then say "PayPal add 3%". I'll usually add a little extra to the asking price to compensate for half of the fees, but not all. Afterall, using PayPal benefits the buyer and seller... nobody has to fuck with banks, money orders, etc. the seller gets his cash quicker and the buyer gets his loot quicker, everyone wins. This only applies to big ticket items, I'll eat the fee on small sales.

its against paypals terms of service to charge your customers more for using the service.

Nearly every private seller does so, though. Even if they don't explicitly say "add 3% for PayPal" most people build the fees into their asking price for whatever they're offering.

Personally, I think it's tacky to advertise something for sale at $XXX and then say "PayPal add 3%". I'll usually add a little extra to the asking price to compensate for half of the fees, but not all. Afterall, using PayPal benefits the buyer and seller... nobody has to fuck with banks, money orders, etc. the seller gets his cash quicker and the buyer gets his loot quicker, everyone wins. This only applies to big ticket items, I'll eat the fee on small sales.

I'm in complete agreement. After all, its the buyers choice to work with PayPal.