Looking for female who loves to dig for vinyl/can write about music

As/You/Wish you need to realize that joking like that in this context is extremely offensive. I do believe you meant to harm, but the joke was at the expense of women/Madie.

It's never okay to justify creepy/rude/rape-y behaviour even in a joking manner. Even when you think the joke is helping, it's just not.

^daegor....yes i realized! thx.........but now i am a creepy rapist?! Oh My! :(

edit....but if a man suggesting to a woman that changing her picture in her profile to ward off creepy messages is "incredibly offensive" and warrants this kind of backlash than i hope something REAL happens in the world so yall can get some perspective.

I may be missing something but I feel like most of the men in here are feeling the same way. There are a number of dumb posts making jokes but a lot of others wondering what his reasoning for specifically wanting a woman writer is.

Okay, yes. There ARE men who are questioning this as well.

However, it's the women who were the subject of the situation and also the ones that comments were being made toward.

When we say "women should be respected" it does not imply that men should not be respected. Us establishing that we are offended, does not take away that men can also be offended by this BUT men are not the "victims" here (for lack of a better term).

edit....but if a man suggesting to a woman that changing her picture in her profile to ward off creepy messages is "incredibly offensive" and warrants this kind of backlash than i hope something REAL happens in the world so yall can get some perspective.

What exactly do you hope happens?

Oh my god?

Fuck you? Do you even realize what you just implied?

You've got to be fucking kidding me.

As/You/Wish:

A prime example of creepy camouflage is thinking of harassment as compliments. A good framework for this is seen in reaction to street harassment. Activist group Stop Street Harassment commissioned a national US study of 2,000 participants. The study's findings were disturbing. "The survey found that 65 percent of all women had experienced street harassment."

Is that REAL enough for you?

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/11/05/hey-creeps-compliments-are-harassment-too.html

Oh and also

As Everyday Sexism’s Laura Bates wrote: "The men who ask you what the big deal is about street harassment, say they'd love it if it happened to them, or suggest you just 'take it as a compliment.'" But this confuses many factors: for example, it’s not women but other men making these comments. (Women can also harass, of course, but things are not equal between genders; further, I’m addressing men because, well, I am one.)

Second, “compliments” are often anchored by threats—sometimes tragically carried out—if the compliments are not sufficiently acknowledged by women who “receive” them. This is, again, seen in online interaction: a woman’s rejection leads to insults and threats, as Bye Felipe notes.

@asyouwish

I don’t even know how this thread got turned into this. I don’t want to jump to conclusions but it sure seems like you’re hoping one of us would be sexually harassed in real life... so we get perspective?

most of the women here, and most women in general, are so hypersensitive to this kind of thing because IT IS DAILY REAL LIFE for us. we get less pay, less respect, more judgement. ever wonder what it’s like to be a lady in the workforce? You don’t want to know. all of us have dealt with it on varying levels on severity. one regular here has been raped. every job I’ve ever worked i’ve seen blatant sexism and sexual harassment. my first graphic design job at 18, everyone would whisper about my one female boss’s supposed boob job, how she was desperate and dating young dudes after her divorce. if that was a divorced middle aged guy, he’d be respected for pulling some young tail. next job, a dude in the warehouse rubs my back/arm several times, always stands super close, and says things about me to his wife. and this current job has been the worst by far. jimmy will tell you I’ve come home crying more than once because I thought I dressed inappropriately for work based on what dudes in the warehouse were saying about me.

think before you say stupid shit.

How are you apologizing to me, and in the same breath telling egg and Logan to get real. All three of us are making the same exact point.

working..i posted before i saw ur last post. u ladies/females/women (whatevers appropriate here) are assuming much on some essentially shorthand texts. of course i dont wish anything bad like the article (which i didnt read but sure its horrible) was only saying in context to what i said this reaction isnt appropriate. as far as hope? nothing like your imagination is implying! idk like more woman coming forward about bill cosby. like actual harrassment! ive never harrased any woman. i said something stupid (please read earlier posts) and apoligized.

You know those women were DRUGGED and RAPED, correct?

So you don't wish us the harm that our minds are "implying" but you continue to say you hope we experience actual harassment? News flash: most women HAVE experienced actual harassment. Telling someone that they should take a less "sexy" picture to negate unwanted attention, is saying "well maybe if you don't want to get mugged, you shouldn't carry your wallet on you."

working..i posted before i saw ur last post. u ladies/females/women (whatevers appropriate here) are assuming much on some essentially shorthand texts. of course i dont wish anything bad like the article (which i didnt read but sure its horrible) was only saying in context to what i said this reaction isnt appropriate. as far as hope? nothing like your imagination is implying! idk like more woman coming forward about bill cosby. like actual harrassment! ive never harrased any woman. i said something stupid (please read earlier posts) and apoligized.

"Actual harassment"

STOP THINKING THERE ARE LEVELS OF HARASSMENT.

Good to know that what we were reading into is really exactly what we assumed you were implying. Thanks.

Now if you don't mind, I'm going to requote what I posted earlier. maybe it'll stick this time. I highly encourage you to read the article. There's no sense in remaining ignorant once you've had the proof and details laid out for you:

As/You/Wish:

A prime example of creepy camouflage is thinking of harassment as compliments. A good framework for this is seen in reaction to street harassment. Activist group Stop Street Harassment commissioned a national US study of 2,000 participants. The study's findings were disturbing. "The survey found that 65 percent of all women had experienced street harassment."

Is that REAL enough for you?

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/11/05/hey-creeps-compliments-are-harassment-too.html

Oh and also

As Everyday Sexism’s Laura Bates wrote: "The men who ask you what the big deal is about street harassment, say they'd love it if it happened to them, or suggest you just 'take it as a compliment.'" But this confuses many factors: for example, it’s not women but other men making these comments. (Women can also harass, of course, but things are not equal between genders; further, I’m addressing men because, well, I am one.)

Second, “compliments” are often anchored by threats—sometimes tragically carried out—if the compliments are not sufficiently acknowledged by women who “receive” them. This is, again, seen in online interaction: a woman’s rejection leads to insults and threats, as Bye Felipe notes.

AVATAR! thats the word....drunk last nite...hungover this morning. and yeah i post from a semi broken droid phone with an auto correct from hell. my thumb does all the typing....so yeah i care not for grammer! but thx

none of that excuses any of what you said. no amount of drink nor a broken phone would make your fingers slip on your keyboard into the perfect rhythm of degrading a woman because of a photo she chooses as her avatar.