Crosley keepsake 'deluxe'- a step in the right direction? (Mag cartridge and adjustment options)

They don't. But they are. That's a good thing from my point of view.

It's like McDonalds making a gourmet steak.

If you wanted a good steak, you wouldn't think to go to McDonald's if they offered it. Companies with cost-leader business strategies don't usually enter more premium markets for a reason.

Not quite gourmet steak... but McDonalds have definitely made some higher quality options available. Why shouldn't Crosley take note of criticism and try to make some minor improvements

They can do whatever they want. But improving their current product and offering a premium version are two different things. I have nothing against them doing whatever they want, I'm just saying, I don't think it'll do very well. They've already had more premium tables on the market and they all got discontinued and thrown in the clearance section at target.

More like Crosley Cheapskate 'deluxe'.

I'll see myself out.

With extra cheese?

I'm a bit in two minds on this one. Buyer beware doesn't exist in peoples minds now so they think how bad can it be until they find out the hard way but If it stops people ruining their records when they've made an impulse buy of a record player with no research then good, I don't think that's the drive here though.

Crosley are pandering to the criticism because they feel they have to and not for product improvement in itself, as people have said anyone who does an ounce of research is a lost sale to them so they feel they need to change that image. The problem here though is it's still very poor quality, it's easy to see which cheap Chinese deck they've used and the build quality and quality control will still be shit so it will still be pot luck as to whether it will actually track properly, yes they are better then the standard plastic rubbish but it's only slightly better plastic rubbish with some adjustments that make it look more like a proper turntable 

That said anything that gets people into vinyl is a good thing but Crosley and others like them are milking this bandwagon for all it's worth so our mission here people is education, education, education.

They can do whatever they want. But improving their current product and offering a premium version are two different things. I have nothing against them doing whatever they want, I'm just saying, I don't think it'll do very well. They've already had more premium tables on the market and they all got discontinued and thrown in the clearance section at target.

I see one of two things, they cannibalize the sales of the cheap tables or nobody buys these.  But I don't think they need to go in the right direction, because it's not a terrible product.  It's not a very nice product but Crosley isn't a tobacco or oil company.  And I think people are pretty aware that they get what they pay for.

It's a good thing we all know better, huh?  :)  Let the dumb and/or uninformed people continue to buy Crosley turds and we'll continue to listen to music with much better equipment.  you cannot house speakers in the same enclosure as a turntable and have a good sound no matter how much high-end player flexibility you have.  plain and simple.

EDIT:  I forgot about the group of people who also just don't care much about getting a good sound from a record player

Slightly more detailed spec for those who are vaguely interested:

Belt Driven Turntable Mechanism

Plays 2 Speeds - 33 1/3 And 45 RPM Records

S-Shaped Tonearm with Integrated Headshell

User - Replaceable Phono Cartridge for a Customized Listening Experience

Includes a Pre-Mounted Audio Technica Phono Cartridge

Diamond Stylus Needle

RCA Analog Output is Switchable to PHONO or LINE Out (RCA Cable Included)

Adjustable Pitch Control

Built-in Strobe Indicator Lamp for Speed Accuracy Verification

Adjustable Tone Arm Weight

Anti - Skate Adjustment

Auxiliary Input

Headphone Jack

Adjustable Tone Control

Adjustable Volume Control

Dynamic Full Range Stereo Speakers

Vinyl-Wrapped

UL Listed